10 Best 1 Person Tents | April 2017
We spent 19 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. If you are the kind of adventurer who truly appreciates the solitude of the wilderness, or are simply a modest type who prefers to not share accommodations when in the outdoors because you value your personal space, one of these 1 person tents will be the perfect abode for you to enjoy when camping or on extended hiking trips. Skip to the best 1 person tent on Amazon.
Trust the TETON Sports Mountain Ultra to keep condensation buildup to a minimum thanks to its ultra micro-mesh construction. Its two entry doors located directly across from each other offer easy access from either side, but it packs up a little bulkier than other brands.
- highly waterproof bathtub floor
- includes a rainfly and footprint
- inside zippers tend to jam at times
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 makes a great option for your solo getaway that won't cost a fortune. It sets up in a snap thanks to the freestanding design and pole clips that quickly attach to the aluminum poles, plus the mesh walls provide optimal airflow.
- coated floor stays nice and dry
- fly and floor seams are factory sealed
- too low to sit up comfortably inside
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Snugpak Ionosphere is an impressive compact tent with an ultra low-profile design, a single entry point, no-see-um-mesh and tape sealed seams. It also comes with a basic repair kit for unexpected mishaps that may occur while on the move.
- accommodates a 6 ft person comfortably
- folds up nicely to fit in a backpack
- wouldn't stand up to heavy use
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Kelty Salida is a side entry backpacking tent that offers the perfect combination of style and durability. It has more height than most, which is great if you are taller than average, plus the large mesh panels are good for stargazing.
- comes with a convenient flashlight
- compact size is great for backpacking
- included stakes aren't very durable
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Eureka Amari Pass is loaded with advanced features to keep you protected from the elements. It includes a full coverage polyester fly that has good UV resistance, plus the external guy points on the fly help to secure your tent in high winds.
- all mesh sides offer good ventilation
- fire retardant for safety
- floor isn't super durable
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
If solo hiking, cycling or camping is your thing, don't leave home without the Hewolf Outdoor. It only weighs 5 lbs. for easy portability and is suitable for use throughout the whole year, even in heavy snow, thanks to its waterproof and windproof construction.
- can use the outer tent separately
- comes with a carrying bag
- setup can be a little confusing at first
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The versatile Kodiak Canvas Swag 8101 provides a roomy sleeping space that can be used on the ground, in the bed of a pickup, or with a compatible cot. It can pack up in a cinch by simply rolling everything up together, so you can get moving quicker in the morning.
- 2 zip-open windows for ventilation
- top converts into a screen shelter
- includes a comfy 2" foam mattress pad
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The highly-rated Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 is the ideal tent if you don't have a lot of space in your pack. It has a DAC Featherlight NSL + NFL pole system with lightweight hubs, plus the reflective guy line and webbing on the corners offer great nighttime visibility.
- integrated gear loft loops
- single hub/pole makes setup easy
- durable and efficient design
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
Enjoy privacy and comfort on your next camping excursion with the Archer Outdoor Gear. This compact, but spacious, one-man tent features a durable 190t polyester outer shell and a double-layer rip-stop, waterproof nylon bottom that will last through trip after trip.
- attractive orange and grey color
- back country enclosure gives privacy
- great quality at an affordable price
|Brand||Archer Outdoor Gear|
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
If you love adventure and are constantly on the move, look no further than the premium Mountain Hardwear Ghost. It is one of the lightest double wall one-person tents on the market with a large full-size door and a dry entry vestibule for added storage and convenience.
- fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam
- welded zipper flap construction
- mesh pockets for interior organization
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|