The 10 Best AA & AAA Battery Chargers
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Now that just about every device in the world is small and battery powered, you are going to need one of these AA and AAA chargers if you don't want to run out of juice at an inopportune moment. You'll never again lose the use of your TV remote, wireless computer mouse, or other small electronic devices for more than a few seconds by always having a charged set of batteries on hand. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best aa & aaa battery charger on Amazon.
10. SunJack USB
The SunJack USB features individual monitoring technology, so it keeps track of what's in each of its slots, cutting off the power when an individual cell has reached its capacity. The charge time does often exceed five hours for AAs, though.
- translucent protective door
- does not include any batteries
- micro usb connection is flimsy
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
9. EBL Individual Rapid 807
The EBL Individual Rapid 807 features LEDs next to each of its slots that shine red when a drained cell is inserted, steadily fade as it recharges, and finally indicate a complete charge with a green light. A trickle mode keeps batteries topped off but not overcharged.
- dissipates heat well
- included batteries are low quality
- slower than many comparable units
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
8. Nitecore New i2 Intellicharge
The Nitecore New i2 Intellicharge only features two charging slots, which means much less efficiency, but if you have limited needs, it's a great and compact choice. Impressively, those slots can adapt to accommodate nearly any type of lithium ion cell.
- three-color led progress indicators
- adjusts current to battery capacity
- some units are poorly soldered
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
7. SOAIY Universal 1000mA
With the SOAIY Universal 1000mA, you don't even need a wall outlet to refuel your stash. It can be powered via USB connection, so you can conveniently recharge your batteries using a laptop, a portable battery pack, or another compatible device.
- blinking progress indicator lights
- works with solar chargers
- doesn't include an ac adapter
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
6. AmazonBasics V-3299USB
The AmazonBasics V-3299USB comes in at a bargain price, as is standard for the shipping giant's line of branded essentials. A great choice for travel, it's compatible with international voltages and has a built-in USB port for charging an additional device simultaneously.
- retractable ac wall plug
- built-in overcharge protection
- can't charge one battery at a time
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
5. SunLabz 16 Slot Smart Bay
The SunLabz 16 Slot Smart Bay costs more than twice as much as most models, but it more than makes up for it with its high-capacity design. This massive and efficient unit will save you hours and hours of charging time over the years.
- dual easy to read backlit lcds
- eight-hour automatic shutoff timer
- tends to get fairly hot while in use
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
4. Energizer Compact CHDCWB-4
The Energizer Compact CHDCWB-4 has a slide-out design that makes it a great choice for taking along on trips, as it occupies much less space than most models when it's not in use. It features green indicator lights that let you know when its work is done.
- includes 4 top-quality aa batteries
- slots quickly adapt to battery type
- considerably expensive
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
3. Panasonic BQ-CC17
The Panasonic BQ-CC17 provides an impressively good value as it includes a set of four high-capacity Eneloop Pro AAs, each of which can be recharged up to 2,100 times. It features a convenient flip-up plug and low-profile LED indicators along its bottom edge.
- can charge one cell at a time
- safe to keep plugged in overnight
- no cumbersome cables to deal with
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
2. La Crosse BC-700 Alpha Power
La Crosse BC-700 Alpha Power does more than just power up your nickel-metal hydride and nickel-cadmium rechargeables. It can also be used to discharge, refresh, and test their capacities, providing plenty of useful data on its LCD screen in the process.
- can set each channel to its own mode
- high 3000 mah charging capacity
- quickly identifies defective cells
|Brand||La Crosse Technology|
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
1. Panasonic BQ-CC55
The Panasonic BQ-CC55 can charge one or two cells in just 90 minutes, but is still blazing fast when working at full capacity, with a full charge time of 3 hours. Each slot features a corresponding LED bar that indicates its progress with red, orange, and green lights.
- elegant white design
- compact flip-up wall plug
- delta-v overcharge protection
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|