The 10 Best Acne Scar Removers
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. There are plenty of products out there to stop pimples, but what are you supposed to do when they leave behind permanent evidence? Luckily, there are treatments out there specifically designed to diminish, and even erase, acne scars. With these great options, there's no longer any reason to carry around traces of past breakouts. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best acne scar remover on Amazon.
10. Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel
If you're looking for a scar treatment that you can wear under moisturizer, then the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel is a great option. It is gentle enough for daily use, but with enough power to diminish marks. It can really dry out sensitive skin, however.
- also helps prevent future breakouts
- reduces redness and calms angry skin
- flimsy pump breaks easily
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
9. Skinceuticals Phloretin PF Gel
Skinceuticals Phloretin PF Gel works by firming out your skin texture and evening your tone. A dual serum and moisturizer, the emollient liquid easily spreads to cover large patches of scarring. It has a powerful odor that can be very off-putting, though.
- one bottle can last months
- clean and non-greasy feeling
- clumps when put under other products
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
8. Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment
The Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment attacks pigmentation in the dermal layers, helping to erase the appearance of blemishes. This mask deeply penetrates pores to cleanse and repair damaged cells. One caveat: it may be a little too powerful for sensitive skin.
- leaves face glowing and refreshed
- contains a gentle exfoliant
- difficult to get out of hair
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
7. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power
If you suffer from mild scarring, then the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power CX30 Brightening Moisturizer is an ideal solution. A hydrating lotion made from camu camu berries, it brightens skin & mitigates damage, but the watery consistency leaves something to be desired.
- absorbs quickly into skin
- gentle citrus aroma
- pump seems a bit cheap
|Brand||Peter Thomas Roth|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
6. ScarAway Silicone Gel Scar Treatment
Sometimes deep marks need more intensive therapy to heal, so the ScarAway Silicone Gel Scar Treatment uses silicone to treat damaged cells, while the massage rollers keep skin pliable. The applicator can make it very difficult to regulate the amount of gel you use, though.
- softens and minimizes blemishes
- great for raised scars
- very wet and sloppy
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
5. Clinique Even Better
The Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector will reward your patience by gradually reducing dark spots and scars, leaving unblemished skin behind. It won't work overnight miracles, but consistent users will be very happy indeed.
- helps even out tone
- leaves skin soft and smooth
- expensive for regular use
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
4. Neostrata Enlighten Pigment Controller
No matter how old - or dark - your acne scars are, the Neostrata Enlighten Pigment Controller will help them fade to just a memory. Not only does it help erase existing dark marks, but it will also help prevent new ones from forming.
- good for anyone still breaking out
- light enough to wear under makeup
- vitamin e for continuing protection
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
3. Acne Scar Removal Cream
New York Laboratories Acne Scar Removal Cream uses an ingredient called Cytokinol to repair damaged skin at the cellular level. This isn't just an effective scar treatment, however, as it doubles as a great moisturizer. It also has a pleasant, gender-neutral smell.
- sturdy container perfect for travel
- also helps reduce fine lines
- gentle on sensitive skin
|Brand||New York Laboratories|
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
2. Bellefab Skincare Vitamin C Serum
Sometimes keeping things natural is your best bet, and that's the thinking behind Bellefab Skincare Vitamin C Serum. Made from a high-quality blend of Vitamins C and E, this option reduces acne scars by nourishing your skin from the inside out, allowing it to heal itself.
- deeply moisturizes skin
- cool and refreshing on contact
- no oily residue
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
1. Hydropeptide Purifying Cleanser
If your primary complaint is pink marks or redness, then the Hydropeptide Purifying Cleanser should be your go-to treatment. Utilizing both salicylic and mandelic acid, this one targets bacteria and promotes healing. It also feels very luxurious and cool on your skin.
- ideal for fairer skin tones
- works great on vascular acne scars
- cleanser and mask in one
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|