10 Best Architect Lamps | March 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. You don't have to be an architect to know that the right lighting in your workspace will minimize eye strain and allow you to get more done in less time. These architect lamps are perfect for graphic designers, artists, students and office workers, and will let you swing the light into the perfect position. Skip to the best architect lamp on Amazon.
If you are on the hunt for a desk lamp that has a modern look, the TaoTronics TT-DL07 fits the bill. Not only does it look amazing, but it also has a convenient USB charging port for smartphones.
- no dark areas, ghosting or glare
- has a 1 hour auto-off timer
- doesn't hold its position well
The Urbanest Architect has a cooler look than most others options in its price range. It has a sleek design that takes up minimal space while still providing a large amount of light coverage, making it ideal for smaller desks.
- folds up for compact storage
- nearly limitless light directions
- the bulb is not replaceable
The elegant OXYLED Smart T4 has a 4000K warm white colored LED that is perfectly suited for reading, unlike many LEDs, which give off an unnatural light. It will also help keep your energy bill lower with power saving performance.
- non-flickering bulb isn't harsh on eyes
- gets 50,000 hours at full lumen output
- dimmer switch is very delicate
The V-Light VS100502BC doesn't win any award points for style, but it's functional and gets the job done at an affordable price. It has a weighted base and smartly placed on/off switch on the shade for convenient use.
- has a 3-point adjustable arm
- has a very bright, intense light
- can be used for spot lighting
The Adesso 5142-01 comes in two soft finishes that can easily blend in with most decors. It is intended for floor use with a maximum height of 73 inches, but still keeps true to the architect lamp design style.
- has a modern tapered drum shade
- high/low brightness rotary switch
- weighted base stays stable
The Newhouse Lighting DLST-01-B has an extending arm with a 160° range of motion and a rotating base that allows for more placement and lighting options. It is available in a black or brushed nickel finish.
- has a vintage look
- energy star certified
- affordable option good for students
The BYB E-430 has a convenient touch control panel that can adjust the brightness as well as the lighting color, so you can find the setting that is most comfortable for you. It can give off daylight, cool white, and warm spectrum.
- swivel lock holds shade in place
- doesn't give off any heat
- no bright spot glares