10 Best Carpet Shampoos | March 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. What do kids, dogs and cats all have in common? Well, yes, they can be cute, but they are all definitely messy. If your two or four-legged family members have dirtied up your floors, it's time to apply one of these effective carpet shampoos that will bring your carpets back to life in their original color. Skip to the best carpet shampoo on Amazon.
The Biokleen Concentrate comes in a value pack of two 64-ounce cartons and is designed for heavy-traffic and commercial areas, so you can use it in your office, or multi-pet home. Plus it's safe for bare feet.
- requires little rinsing
- can remove play-doh from carpet
- leaves a strange smell
The Hoover Platinum can remove the most stubborn of stains, including those from grass and vomit, and can be used in all brands of deep cleaning machines. Plus it's approved by the Carpet & Rug Institute.
- easy 1 to 2 solution to water ratio
- returns a carpet to its original color
- the solution can weaken over time
The Kirby Pet Owners offers a soothing lavender scent in a concentrated formula that removes spots and odors in one step, with no need to repeat shampooing. Plus, it can remove old stains that have sat on a carpet for months.
- can be used with electrolux cleaners
- dries quickly overnight
- cannot remove stubborn grime
|Model||Gal Carpet Shampoo for|
The Bissell 1568 features an easy-fill cap designed to transfer the product into a carpet cleaning machine without spilling. It also kills odor-causing bacteria at their source, and pulls stains up from deep under your carpet.
- great at removing urine
- leaves carpets looking bright
- only compatible with bissell machines
The Puracy Fresh Citrus is compatible with carpet cleaning machines but can also be used by hand, and is completely non-toxic. It's also made from a formula that leaves your carpet feeling extra soft.
- vegan-friendly and biodegradable
- will never bleach or ruin fibers
- portion of proceeds goes to charity
The Nature's Miracle Allergen Blocker neutralizes pet dander that makes contact with your carpet, upholstery, and clothing, making it essential for pet owners. It's also made from natural ingredients.
- developed by an allergist
- can remove chocolate stains
- great value for under $15
The Zep Commercial comes in a large 24-gallon bottle to handle all of the hard floors in your house, and produces a minimal amount of foam for a mess-free job. It also protects against re-soiling, making your carpet more resilient to stains.
- only requires one pretreatment
- works well with royal steam cleaner
- professional grade shampoo