7 Best Climbing Harnesses | March 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. When you're assaulting a summit or rappelling down a mountainside, you need to be sure your gear will keep you safe. Pack one of these climbing harnesses for your next adventure, as they come in enough size and weight capacity options to fit anyone. Skip to the best climbing harness on Amazon.
The Black Diamond Momentum Climbing Harness is the go-to choice for many professional-level mountaineers. This harness is highly adjustable, extremely durable, and time-tested. It features patent-pending Trakfit leg loop adjustment.
- pre-threaded speed adjust waist buckle
- bullhorn-shaped waistbelt
- adjustable rear elastic riser
The CE certified ABC Guide Harness is a great value. It's low-priced yet reliable enough for extensive, long-term use, even under rugged climbing conditions. It features a drop seat that provides decent comfort during short-term use.
- will fit waists from 20" to 50"
- features a colored belay loop
- available in gray or forest green
The Petzl Aquila Men's climbing harness has an FuseFrame construction that guarantees superior, even weight distribution that makes for optimal comfort and support. This is an expensive, but high-quality, option.
- tie-in points resist rope rub
- features multiple equipment loops
- slim doubleback hd buckle
The Black Diamond Women's Primrose SA climbing harness package comes with a belay device and locking carabiner, so all a lady needs is a rope to surge up and rappel down. And, perhaps, a mountain or a climbing wall, too. Stay comfortable, even when you're hanging around.
- black diamond white gold chalk included
- dual core construction
- trakfit leg loop adjustment system