10 Best Crimpers | December 2016
We spent 18 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Whether you are a professional electrical contractor or doing some minor DIY around the house, our selection of wire cutters and crimpers includes the perfect tool for your next job. They are good not just for electrical connections, but can also handle network cables and phone cables. Skip to the best crimper on Amazon.
The IRWIN Tools VISE-GRIP works with insulated and non-insulated connections and terminals, plus the ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and help combat hand fatigue. It also doubles as a wire cutter.
- nickel chromium steel
- weighs only 5.1 ounces
- crimping cutouts can be a bit off
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Titan 11477 has a ratcheting mechanism with adjustable crimping pressure, so you can be sure to never accidentally break the wire. Overall they seem to have a sturdy construction, plus the replaceable jaws are a nice touch.
- crimps hold wires securely
- quick release handle is hard to engage
- don't come with usage instructions
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The OKGEAR HT-225D is a full cycle ratchet crimping tool that is for use with AWG 18-22, 24-30 wires and a variety of connectors types from 4pin Molex to D-Sub & Open Barrels. Plus its rubber coated handles feel comfortable to hold.
- makes consistent crimps
- die made of sae j404c alloy steel
- doesn't include additional dies
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN is durably made from steel finished in black oxide, so it should never rust or corrode. It provides fast, reliable crimp-connector installation, and it has a ratchet safety release and a blade guard.
- ideal for voice and data applications
- bright grip for quick identification
- handle doesn't fit the hand comfortably
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Signstek AWG23-10 weighs only 12.8 ounces and is less than 7 inches long to allow for extended use without much user fatigue. It can also be adjusted for tighter crimping with the use of less pressure.
- good for heavy-duty jobs
- works on hollow pin style ferrules
- crimping doesn't feel very smooth
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The MALCO C5R is a 5-blade model with a one-hand operation latch that creates a longer and shallower professional grade crimp that shouldn't ever come loose. It is perfect for jobs both big and small and great for pros and DIYers.
- nonslip handle inserts
- creates a leakproof connection
- handle design maximizes leverage
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The IWISS HSC8 6-4 has a unique construction that makes it lightweight and super compact, making it great for those who need to carry it around all day. Plus the gripping force evenly transfers to all sections of the terminal.
- quadrilateral crimp profile
- perfect for end sleeves
- four serrated crimp surfaces
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The KNIPEX New England features a high-leverage design that requires less effort than most models, so it's good for people without a lot of hand strength. Plus it has a cross-hatched serrated gripping zone for a secure wire grip.
- universal mandrel crimping point
- cable puller in the joint gap
- induction hardened cutting edge
|Model||09 11 240 SBA|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Channellock 909 is a basic model that has a sleek nose design to get into tight places. It also features a laser heat-treated mating edge that makes it a very durable and reliable piece of equipment.
- chanellock blue comfort grips
- high carbon drop-forged steel
- manufactured in the usa
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The Engineer PAD-11 is an ultra-precise model meant for use on open barrel connectors, and features a patent pending interchangeable die system for expanded width dies, so you should be able to use it for all of your needs.
- dies are easily replaced and fit well
- tether strap hole on handle
- great for professional electricians
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|