10 Best DIY Alarm Systems | March 2017
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If you are looking for a quick, effective and economical way to secure your home or office from intruders, but don't want to pay high monthly monitoring fees, try one of these DIY alarm systems. Using today's advanced technology, they can detect changes in motion, sound, light or temperature in any premises, and offer WiFi connectivity, so you can monitor things from anywhere. Skip to the best diy alarm system on Amazon.
If you want to secure your home without high monthly fees, count on Doberman Security SE-0157. This package comes complete with 6 ultra-thin vibration triggered window alarms, 4 mini entry defenders, 2 defenders for sliding doors, 1 door alarm and 2 remote controls.
- simple peel and stick installation
- comes with warning stickers
- window sensors are a bit too sensitive
Trust Fortress Security Store S02-A to protect the people and places you love most without spending a fortune. The door and window contacts detect any forceful break-ins, plus you can call the system from your phone to listen in on what's going on inside your home.
- includes 2 keyfobs for easy disarming
- comes with 4 warning stickers
- no low battery indicator on the panel
|Brand||Fortress Security Store|
Invest in Piper nv to keep everyone in your family safe and sound. Its advanced technology can detect changes in motion, sound, light or temperature, and it has a battery backup for constant reliable connection, even in a power outage.
- supports live streaming surveillance
- has two-way audio
- doesn't come with setup instructions
Home security is made easy with the highly advanced Canary All-in-One. It's packed with features, including a wide-angle lens, motion-activated recording, and the ability to monitor the air quality, temperature, and humidity of your home.
- compact design is inconspicuous
- free secure cloud storage included
- wi-fi connection drops at times
If you're looking for a user-friendly monitoring system for your home or office, Oplink Connected OPG2201 makes an great choice. Its intuitive Android, iOS or Windows app allows you to receive real-time video, video alerts and push notifications from anywhere.
- great night vision capability
- protective smart cloud technology
- can customize multi-tier users
Ideal for apartments and smaller homes, the Korner Home Security is an excellent portable solution for added peace of mind. Its unique one-piece stick tags secure easily to the corner of any door or window, and the whole system is simple to take along whenever you move.
- sets up in minutes
- long battery life
- works as a door chime when not armed
Get your home fully protected within 15 minutes using the powerful Simplisafe2 SSCS2. All the sensors arrive preprogrammed and ready to be mounted, with the ability to add more if needed. Plus the cleverly designed keypad alerts the police even if it is smashed.
- 24/7 professional alarm monitoring
- has a panic button for emergencies
- comes with a keychain remote