10 Best Dog Nail Trimmers | April 2017
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If you have a pooch who like to "shake hands" but ends up snagging your pants, skirt or hosiery every time, perhaps you need to invest in a pair of these dog nail trimmers. Keeping Fido's nails in good order makes them more comfortable for him, and prevents any issues with walking on hard floors in the home. These models are designed to make the grooming process as easy and painless as possible. Skip to the best dog nail trimmer on Amazon.
Keep your dog's nails healthy and beautiful using the Cutie Pet Supply Clippers, which come in two color combinations to suit your taste. The safety guard seems to slip out of place while in use, though, but the good thing is the company offers free replacements for life.
- great for dogs and cats
- ergonomic curved handle design
- spring mechanism is not super smooth
|Brand||Cutie Pet Supply|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
Trust the Simply Pets QE-LMC9-H741 to get the job done without any hassle. These pliers type nail cutters were designed by two veterinary surgeons for error free trimming and include locking blades for safe and easy storage when not in use.
- contoured grip handles
- great for professional or home use
- safety guard tends to move around
|Brand||Simply Pets Online|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Italian-made Millers Forge Dog Nail Clip is a well-made heavy duty trimmer designed for dogs over 40 pounds. Their industrial strength stainless steel cutting blades are some of the sharpest you can find and let you clip through the nail on your very first try.
- simple to clean and maintain
- able to cut through super thick nails
- blades get dull quickly
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
Create a stress-free experience for your furry friend using the Wagglies Nail Clippers. It features a unique angled stainless steel head design for fast and easy trimming, plus it includes a free how-to safety guide, so you can clip their nails with confidence.
- comes with a lifetime guarantee
- narrow design fits nicely in your hand
- included nail file is not very good
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The OmegaPet Dog Clippers is a popular choice that is suitable for pets of all breeds and sizes. They are super easy to maneuver and one of the lightest trimmers on the market, plus the extra long nonslip handles provide a firm grip for optimal control.
- safety guard prevents over-clipping
- comes in at a great price
- blade is not as sharp as others
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
If you have a skittish dog, the super-quiet URPOWER Nail Grinder is the trimming tool for you. It is constructed with a diamond bit grinder that is safer and more effective than nail clippers, while also reducing the risk of clipping the claws too short.
- ideal for shaping and smoothing
- lightweight design is easy to hold
- not powerful enough for large dogs
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The Epica Pet makes trimming your dog's nails easier and safer with superior performance. It is made with high grade stainless steel that won't bend, scratch or rust, plus the blades stay sharp through many sessions on even the toughest nails.
- cuts clean without ragged edges
- great for medium and large dogs
- has a safety lock for protection
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
Designed with professionals in mind, the Resco Original PF0732 is a patented guillotine-style trimmer that vets have relied on for years. It slices through your pet's nails quickly and easily without grabbing or splitting, making it an enjoyable experience for all.
- replacement cutting blades available
- made in the united states
- works well on small to medium sized dogs
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The best-selling Safari 770045 Professional will quickly become your favorite grooming tool with its durable construction and unbeatable price. It's great for weekly nail trimming and maintenance, plus it saves you time and money on a trip to the vet or groomer.
- has a safety stop to prevent any injury
- comes in sizes for small to large dogs
- great for puppies and adults
|Brand||Safari Pet Products|
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The premium Trim-Pet Clippers combine sharp high-quality stainless steel cutting blades with ergonomic handles to turn an otherwise dreaded experience into a pleasant one. Also, the extra long conical spring works smoothly to provide a precise cut every time.
- spring guard protects the users hands
- long handles fit all hand sizes
- blades stay sharp for a long time
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|