The 6 Best Electric Hoists
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Whether you work in a warehouse, an engine repair shop or a lumber yard, there's going to be stuff way to heavy for you to lift on your own. But why work hard when you can work smart, by letting these quality electric hoists do the heavy lifting for you. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best electric hoist on Amazon.
6. Shop Fox D4070
The Shop Fox D4070 has an innovative design featuring a microswitch that automatically cuts power to the motor before the hook retracts into its housing, thereby eliminating one of the most frustrating, time-consuming hoist issues.
- various mounting options are available
- heavy duty hook with locking tabs
- weight capacity could be better
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
5. Sportsman Series E-Hoist UL
Capable of lifting heavy objects nearly forty feet off the ground in just a little over sixty seconds, the Sportsman Series E-Hoist UL is ideal for professional use in warehouses, marinas, and elsewhere.
- thin but very sturdy cable
- 3/4 horsepower motor
- stop switch is poor quality
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
4. Warn PullzAll
Designed to be both strong and versatile, the Warn PullzAll will help you accomplish difficult tasks with the greatest of ease. It can be used as either a hoist or to help you pull heavy loads horizontally.
- variable speed control trigger
- built-in led load indicator
- tends to get very hot during use
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
3. Northern Industrial Tools Electric Hoist
The Northern Industrial Tools Electric Hoist boasts a 1,100 pound load-lifting capacity. It's also designed with safety in mind as its remote allows you to control it from the ground, well away from that potentially dangerous burden.
- 40-foot cable comes standard
- easy and intuitive to operate
- remote cord much shorter than lift cable
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
2. Champion 18890
Ideal for any type of automotive or machine shop that requires frequent lifting of even the heaviest engine parts or equipment, the Champion 18890 is a dependable workhorse with a mighty and durable 11.6 horsepower motor.
- very well rated by users
- includes pulley lift for dual line use
- line speed of 16.5 feet per minute
|Brand||Champion Power Equipmen|
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
1. Northern Industrial H-M405
The Northern Industrial H-M405 has a double-line load capacity that gives you the ability to lift up to 2,000 pounds. Its anti-twist cables keep the lift process safe and steady, and prevent time-wasting snarls.
- compact size makes it easy to install
- swivel hook makes attaching loads easy
- ideal for lifting lumber or pallets
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|