10 Best Hot Plates | March 2017
We spent 18 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. If space is at a premium, such as in a dorm room or studio apartment, or you're preparing a five-course gourmet dinner and need an extra burner or two, one of these energy efficient hot plates will serve up delicious meals in no time. Skip to the best hot plate on Amazon.
The Waring SB30 has a slim design that fits on cramped counters, and has durable cast iron plates that will last forever, plus offer stable heat retention. It's as powerful as a stationary stove and great for party food, like fondue.
- has on and ready indicator lights
- nonslip rubber feet for safety
- cord is too short
The Nuwave Precision heats up nearly instantaneously, and can boil water within 90 seconds. Surprisingly, for such a powerful machine, it uses 70% less energy than most hot plates, and is built into a compact housing.
- automatically powers off when inactive
- includes instructional dvd and fry pan
- doesn't give off perfectly even heat
The Max Burton 6000 is perfect for a dorm or studio that doesn't have a conventional stove. It has 10 power levels and overheat detection to prevent injury. Plus it can handle large pots of water, so it's great for pasta and rice.
- great value for the quality and features
- fully digital control panel
- easy and precise push button controls
With a number of useful features, like a digital control panel, built-in timer and auto pan detection, the DUXTOP 8100MC is suitable for every need. It also has a long 6 foot cord, and the ETL safety stamp of approval.
- equipped with diagnostic error messages
- timer has one-minute increments
- heats up without heating entire kitchen
The DUXTOP ES-3103C has a smart design with two stay-cool carry handles, so you can move the unit even when it's hot. It also boasts 1,200 watts of heating power, and is all one solid piece that requires no disassembly for cleaning.
- takes stainless steel and copper pots
- wipe clean ceramic glass top
- transfers heat well to thick pots
The IMUSA GAU-80305 is ideal for travel, with a simple, one-knob interface and small size. Its low price point makes it perfect for students, too. Plus, it self-regulates temperature, turning on and off to maintain the right heat.
- heats up to temp very quickly
- lots of coils to provide even heat
- stronger than most gas stoves
Traditionalists will love the old coil style top of the Cadco CSR-3T, with its easy on/off switch and infinite heat control that allows variable temperatures. It also has an easy to clean stainless steel housing.
- ul safety certified
- energy efficient robertshaw thermostat
- works well with pressure canners