10 Best Hot Plates | May 2017
We spent 18 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. When space is at a premium, such as in a dorm room or studio apartment, or you're preparing a five-course gourmet dinner and need an extra burner or two, one of these energy efficient hot plates will come to the rescue. They are also good for use in RVs and at power equipped campsites. Our selection includes traditional electric coil, infrared, and induction models to suit your preferences. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best hot plate on Amazon.
The Rosewill RHAI-13001 looks sleek with its polished crystal surface, and has 8 different temperature settings to help you cook the perfect meal. It also features a 3-hour timer for slow recipes, and comes with a pot compatible with its induction technology.
- overheat protection
- large and easy to read led display
- included pot is of poor quality
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Cusimax CMIP-B180 is built with your safety in mind. It has an infrared cooktop that lights up red to let you know when it's hot, and is safe enough for cooking on a wooden table. It features two burners that work with all cookware, including aluminum and glassware.
- durable glass-topped ceramic burners
- cools down quickly once switched off
- doesn't maintain temperatures well
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Max Burton 6200 is ideal for those who occasionally need an extra burner and want something to match the style of their modern kitchen. It uses induction heating and has an unsuitable cookware detector, so you won't accidentally use incompatible pots and pans.
- temperature and wattage controls
- gets as hot as 450 degrees
- heated area is only 5 inches across
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
Thanks to its induction technology, the NuWave 30242 Gold heats up nearly instantaneously, and can boil water much more quickly than traditional stovetops. For such a powerful machine, it boasts surprisingly low energy consumption, and is built into a compact housing.
- 52 temperature settings
- includes a large nonstick frying pan
- heat tends to waver considerably
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Gourmia GIC-200 is perfect for a dorm room or studio that doesn't have a conventional stove. It has eight power levels and overheat detection to prevent injury or burned food. It can handle large pots of water, so it's great for those who make lots of pasta and rice.
- simple push button digital controls
- child safety lock feature
- built-in fan is a bit noisy
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Duxtop ES-3103C has a smart design with two stay-cool carrying handles, so you can move the unit even when it's just been used. It boasts 1,200 watts of heating power and its brushed stainless steel housing requires no disassembly for cleaning.
- works with all types of cookware
- transfers heat well to thick pots
- knob gets quite hot while in use
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Cuisinart CB-30 has a slim design that fits on cramped counters, boasts a durable cast-iron surface that will last for years, and offers stable heat retention. It's as powerful as a stationary stove and great for serving hot party foods like fondue.
- on and ready indicator lights
- nonslip rubber feet for safety
- 3-foot cord is a bit short
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Elite Cuisine ESB-300X is ideal for travel, with a simple, one-knob interface and small size. Its low price point makes it perfect for students, and it is easy to clean when its cool thanks to its drip tray that can be accessed by lifting up the coil.
- gets hot very quickly
- impressively even heat distribution
- nonskid rubber feet for stability
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
With a number of useful features, like a digital control panel, built-in timer and automatic pan detection, the Secura 8100MC meets almost every need for an induction burner. It also has a conveniently long 6-foot cord and the ETL safety stamp of approval.
- works with all induction cookware
- timer offers 1-minute increments
- easily wipes clean with a damp cloth
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
Traditionalists will love the old coil-style surface of the Cadco CSR-3T, with its infinite heat control knob that allows for precise temperature adjustments. It has an easy to clean stainless steel housing that's well-ventilated for safety, too.
- large 8-inch heating element
- made in the united states
- suitable for industrial use
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|