The 10 Best Hunting Decoys
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Whether you're an amateur outdoorsman, wildlife photographer, or a seasoned marksman, you may still need a visual aid to attract your target. Coming in a variety of designs to entice deer, turkey, ducks, and more, these high quality hunting decoys will let you fool various creatures into more closely approaching your blind or position, ultimately giving you a much closer shot. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best hunting decoy on Amazon.
10. Flambeau Predator Lone Howler
The Flambeau Predator Lone Howler has a scent pad spike on its hind leg, so coyotes will find it very difficult to resist coming up and giving it a sniff. The legs are made of flexible bungee, which allows it to be installed in a sitting or standing position.
- folds up for easy transport
- faux fur tail with wire frame
- rear legs fall off easily
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
9. AvianX Breeder Hen
Bring in those big toms with the AvianX Breeder Hen, which strikes a receptive pose that works well in attracting aggressive males. It has a one-piece folding stake that allows for movement without spinning, so it stays facing the direction you choose.
- sits high for good visibility
- compact rubber design
- won't hold its inflation for long
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
8. Montana Decoy Cow Elk
The Montana Decoy Cow Elk features a patented twist and fold design that ensures a super fast setup and take-down, so you can spend more time hunting and less time getting ready. Plus, at around only three pounds, it's extremely lightweight and portable.
- built using an actual elk photo
- straight back line draws attention
- smaller than a real elk cow
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
7. Mojo Outdoors Scoot & Shoot
The Mojo Outdoors Scoot & Shoot has a built-in handle that lets you hide behind it as you move it around, causing toms to charge you for a close-up shooting experience. Just be absolutely certain no other hunters are around while you're using it.
- made for use on private land
- can use it with real tail feathers
- body is a little too thick
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
6. Primos Hunting Scarface
There aren't many features more important in a decoy than movement, and the Primos Hunting Scarface proves that. Both the head and the tail sway in a light breeze, giving it a very lifelike quality that helps entice deer and put approaching deer at ease.
- all pieces fit inside body cavity
- comes with a carrying bag
- included carrying bag is too small
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
5. Montana Decoy Jake Purr-fect
The Montana Decoy Jake Purr-fect can be quickly positioned to your liking if you feel one pose isn't working. The coiled body packs down small, but also incorporates feather cuts on the outside that rustle even in light breezes to create extremely realistic movement.
- no separate pieces to be lost
- bright red head
- fabric may bleach out over time
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
4. Mojo Outdoors Voodoo Dove
The improved Mojo Outdoors Voodoo Dove benefits from a larger body and a more natural landing posture than previous models, which means it's that much more effective. It still has its unique motorized wings, which operate off AA batteries and spin to attract other birds.
- runs for 16 hours at a time
- includes breast peg and support pole
- wings are magnetically connected
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
3. Flextone Funky Chicken
If you're looking to come home with a turkey, you should leave home with the Flextone Funky Chicken. It's capable of attracting birds of all ages, and the non-intimidating design will ensure that none of the gobblers are scared away prematurely.
- small size makes toms want to fight
- tall enough to see over high grass
- reduces need to call
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
2. Montana Decoy Miss Purr-fect
The Montana Decoy Miss Purr-fect is an extremely lightweight 3-D hen that you can set up virtually anywhere, since lugging it around isn't particularly tough. It can be set up to look like it's ready to eat, ready to mate, or just checking out the scenery.
- fits in packs easily
- holds its shape well
- realistic feather texture
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
1. Avian-X Top Flight Mallard
Each Avian-X Top Flight Mallard is made using non-chip paint, so they'll be around for many hunts to come, regardless of how rough you are with them. The front-weighted keel ensures that they always look like they're feeding, inspiring other ducks to join the feast.
- pack of six per order
- constructed with durable plastic
- work well in currents or breezes
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|