10 Best Illustrated Bibles | March 2017
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Enhance your enjoyment of the scriptures with one of these illustrated Bibles. Their stunning pictures and additional reference material will be of interest and of educational value to any theologian, and we've also included a few selections that are specifically written in a style that makes the works more easily accessible to younger readers. Skip to the best illustrated bible on Amazon.
The Baker Handbook is the most up-to-date evangelical biblical scholarship. It has 1,100 full-color pages and 112 detailed articles covering a wide range of key topics. It is organized in a logical book by book fashion, but many of the images are uninspiring.
- gives a good understanding of god's word
- written by leading evangelical scholars
- doesn't give much historical background
|Brand||Hays, J. Daniel (EDT)/|
The DK Family is based on the New International Version of the Bible and is great for bedtime reading. It has a short passage at the end of each key story to help explain the meaning and message behind it, which can be a great asset to younger readers.
- encourages young readers to think
- a good introduction to the bible
- margins have historical/cultural notes
|Brand||Brand: DK CHILDREN|
The New Catholic helps readers familiarize themselves with the motivating stories of the Bible in a way that makes it interesting and semi-lighthearted. It is ideal for kids from 4 to 8, as it has 100 beautiful full-color illustrations to capture their attention.
- faithful re-telling of scripture
- lay-flat binding and gold-foil details
- sturdy pages are good for young kids
|Brand||TAN Books and Publisher|
The Holman Commentary is a concise reference guide for teachers and pastors that covers aspects of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations with clarifying insights. Each book has an introductory section that includes things like the author, the message, and the background.
- user friendly layout
- focuses on a few verses at a time
- includes a substantial bibliography
|Brand||Clendenen, E. Ray (EDT)|
If the Bible was a comic book, The Action Bible would be it. It's done in a graphic novel style that makes reading it fun, perfect for today's visually focused culture. It presents 215 fast-paced narratives in chronological order that builds to a thrilling climax.
- blends clear writing and dramatic images
- good for all ages
- palatable to lay audiences
|Brand||David C. Cook|
The Complete Illustrated Children's Bible has nearly 300 beautiful two-page illustrations to help capture your child's attention and spur their imagination. It's the ideal introduction for young children who may not have the discipline to read a traditional bible.
- collection of bible's most-loved stories
- images look very realistic
- organized into old and new testaments
|Brand||Harvest House Publisher|
The Complete Bible Handbook is one of the most comprehensive, yet still easily digested, bibles ever published. It was written by a multi-denominational team of experts to try and shed new light on, and give an unbiased look at, well-known religious stories.
- focuses on key figures and events
- embraces both jewish & christian faiths
- has maps that show biblical sites today