The 8 Best Nut and Bolt Extractors
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Nothing brings a project to a grinding halt like a stuck nut or bolt. If you have an overtightened, rusted-out, painted-over, or otherwise disagreeable fastener preventing you from making a repair or upgrade to anything from a motorcycle to a washing machine, a great nut and bolt remover set can help you get that stubborn hardware unstuck and out of the way with ease. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best nut and bolt extractor on Amazon.
8. Lisle 19250 Stuck Bolt
The extractors in this Lisle 19250 Stuck Bolt kit use a spline cut design that digs into the head of a damaged, worn, or painted-over nut or bolt, catching hold even where other tools are prone to slipping. They are a great choice for the DIY automobile enthusiast.
- hardened carbon steel
- removed hardware gets stuck in tool
- rather narrow diameter range
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
7. CTA Tools Emergency Lug Nut
If the stuck, corroded, or damaged nut in question is the lug nut on your vehicle's wheel, one of the three CTA Tools Emergency Lug Nut removers included in this set should be able to help. They are designed to grip even the oldest and stubbornest nuts with confidence.
- features impact grade sockets
- reverse tapered threads
- additional specialty hardware needed
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
6. Rok Hardware Extractor Set
While the Rok Hardware Extractor Set was designed primarily to help remove stripped screws, it can also be used to take out many smaller types of bolts and hex nuts. The set is ideal for extracting bolts whose sides have been worn down and no longer afford a usable grip.
- impressive hrc strength rating
- works with standard drills
- useless with larger nuts and bolts
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
5. Go2Socket Adjustable Bolt Remover Tool
The Go2Socket Adjustable Bolt Remover Tool is a nearly universal extractor, as it can be adjusted to accommodate nuts and bolts of as many as 25 sizes with just a turn of its built-in locking screw. The tool's unique design puts pressure on fasteners of all shapes.
- works well on rusted metal
- replaces larger multi-piece sets
- ineffective in cramped spaces
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
4. Stanley Proto J69X00 Extractor Set
The Stanley Proto J69X00 Extractor Set should serve equally well for SAE and for metric fasteners. Its through-hole design allows the extractors to be slid down long studs, bolts, or dowels, so you can loosen hardware set out of reach of some similar tools.
- works with a myriad of drive tools
- easily grips rounded bolt heads
- very expensive for category
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
3. Performance Tool Power Grab
The Performance Tool Power Grab extractor set features nine pieces that are measured in metric units, ideal for use on a myriad ofparts made beyond the United States. Its extractors measure between eight and nineteen millimeters with many common widths included in-between.
- chrome molybdenum steel
- great for painted-over nuts
- 90-degree edges for no-fail grip
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
2. Irwin Tools Extractor Base Set
With this Irwin Tools Extractor Base Set, you'll be ready to remove most standard types of nuts and bolts no matter how badly they are stripped, corroded, or simply stuck fast. Their universal lobular design fits almost all types of fasteners.
- good bite from reverse spiral flutes
- great low price point
- protective case comes included
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
1. Craftsman Bolt-Out Plus
The Craftsman Bolt-Out Plus is the only such set most of us will ever need. Its five pieces allow for removal of nuts or bolts anywhere between 9/16 of an inch to 3/4 of an inch in diameter, making it suitable for everything from automotive work to appliance repair.
- corrosion-resistant coatings
- half-inch and external hex drive
- great reviews from owners
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|