10 Best Paris Travel Books | December 2016
Whether you're looking to visit the City of Lights for the first time or are going back as you loved it so much the first time, these Paris travel books will enable you to enjoy the city fully with as much knowledge as a local. We've included editions that are perfect for families and young kids as well as more detailed options for seasoned travelers. Skip to the best paris travel book on Amazon.
Take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the City of Lights from a style-oriented point of view with Angie Niles' Bright Lights Paris. This book features hundreds of beautiful photographs and original fashion illustrations along with tips from celebrities, chefs, and bloggers.
- insight into the allure of parisian life
- clever and fun to read
- not ideal as a family travel guide
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
If cuisine is your ultimate motivator for a trip to Paris, don't go without Patricia Wells' Food Lover's guide. With its 457 entries and 40 recipes, Patricia uses this resource to elegantly describe and recommend the best restaurants, wine bars, and bistros in the city.
- guide has 448 pages total
- includes information on outdoor markets
- book lacks a good index
|Brand||Wells, Patricia/ Loomis|
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
Good for first-time visitors and created by knowledgeable locals, the Fodor's Guide helps you to get the most out of your travel experience with crisp photos and a wealth of information on renowned Paris museums, bars, hotels, and some of the best restaurants around.
- it makes the landmarks easy to find
- included map is laminated & detachable
- the kindle edition is not user friendly
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
Forever Paris offers a unique tour of the city through the eyes, experiences, and perspectives of former famous authors, musicians, politicians and chefs, ensuring that your travels are full of knowledge as well as an appreciation for both Parisian culture and history.
- price is very affordable at under $12
- hardcover design makes the book durable
- some of the info isn't very practical
|Brand||De Tessan, Christina He|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
Authored by longtime local experts, Frommer's Day by Day is an easy-to-carry, itinerary-based travel guide written to teach readers to see the best of the City of Lights in a limited period of time. Its chapters offer theme-based, self-guided tours for almost any interest.
- contains walking neighborhood tours
- photo quality is crisp and clear
- the maps are a bit confusing
|Brand||Frommer's Day by Day|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
This Mission Paris travel companion keeps the whole family captivated and entertained by guiding you to historical locations through an interactive, spy-themed scavenger hunt as you explore the city's landmarks with your kids and earn points for what you've learned.
- the book is fun for both kids and adults
- encourages learning and imagination
- some items are pretty difficult to find
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Rick Steves 2016 Guide offers information on self-guided tours and historic walks through some of the most well-known places and quaint neighborhoods in the city, including the Eiffel Tower and cathedral of Notre-Dame. Rick's descriptions are also humorous and helpful.
- free iphone app is included
- compact size makes it easy to carry
- pages are rather thin and can rip easily
|Brand||Rick Steves 2016 Guide|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
Written by Carolee Duckworth and Brian Lane, Your Great Trip to France gives you the tools, itineraries, and knowledge to keep you informed, fascinated, and intrigued during a 2-week trip through France. Mont Saint-Michel, Normandy and more are also on the menu.
- helpful tips for cutting costs
- guides for traveling expertly by train
- personal stories add color and depth
|Brand||Your Great Trip to Fran|
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
Spark your little one's interest in international travel with the WiKIDly Awesome Travels guide to Paris. This colorful activity book puts your child in the driver's seat over their own discoveries through useful facts, snippets of history, and fun multiple choice quizzes.
- has space to draw tourist destinations
- french phrases with simple phonetics
- book fits easily into most day bags
|Brand||WiKIDly Awesome Travels|
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
Let the Little Black Book of Paris be your guide to discovering landmarks, museums, and all the best spots for travel. It is sleek in design and innovative in organization with its color-coded numbers that are keyed to neighborhood maps for easy identification.
- has room for entering your own notes
- elastic band keeps the book closed
- also contains 10 fold-out maps
|Brand||Little Black Book of Pa|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|