10 Best Powerline Network Adapters | January 2017
We spent 30 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. If you're having trouble with home or office communications, consider a powerline network adapter that can work instead of, or as a complement to, any existing wireless network. They offer consistent speeds, reliability, security and ease-of-use. Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.
Extend access throughout your whole property with the Netgear Powerline 500 Nano 1, which offers easy, plug-and-play setup and faster speeds suitable for the most demanding applications, including serious gaming or HD media.
- no streaming lag time
- pick-a-plug led finds ideal placement
- secure encryption capabilities
With more reliable signal strength and security than most wireless units, the Actiontec PWR514 can simultaneously connect your gaming console, TiVo, smart TV, and more. It has four ports on its bottom for connecting devices.
- simple plug and play setup
- works with any ethernet-enabled device
- gigabit-fast wired connections
At 1.2 Gbps speeds, the Netgear PLP1200-100PAS provides the highest possible performance from a device that can be set up in minutes by someone with almost no technical expertise. Its multiple data streams offer superior coverage.
- no need to install software
- encrypts at the touch of a button
- extra noise-filtered power outlet
Secure and reliable high-speed connections await, thanks to the Western Digital Livewire Powerline Kit, which comes to you offering ports for connecting as many as eight devices at once. This is a great choice for schools or offices.
- automatic 128-bit encryption
- speeds up to 200 megabits per second
- cd with utility software included
The demure, ultra-compact TP-LINK AV500 Nano Powerline seamlessly blends into most walls when popped into any power outlet. The unit creates a robust and reliable network for the smaller home or apartment.
- homeplug av standard compliant
- requires no configuration
- up to 300 meter range through walls
Turn any home electrical outlet into a high-speed network connection hub with the NETGEAR XAV1004 Powerline Adapter. It comes equipped with Ethernet ports and bandwidth traffic priority, so you work faster and smarter.
- easily connect gaming devices to your tv
- gives direct home access to stored files
- connects up to 4 devices
The unique modular mix-and-match design of the Global Cache GC-100-18R makes it easy to manage and access diverse devices via network-based software, so even if you use an eclectic variety of hardware, this unit ties it all together.
- infrared, serial, and relay links
- includes easy to install rack mount kit
- great for coordinating a/v systems