10 Best Pry Bars | March 2017
We spent 15 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. Perfect for opening wooden crates, removing nails from lumber, prying up old deck boards, or demolishing drywall, these pry bars (or crowbars) are the go-to choice for both construction professionals and home DIY projects. Unless you have a handy Hulk to smash things for you, you'll need one of these tough tools to get the job done. Skip to the best pry bar on Amazon.
The Stanley FatMax Wrecking Bar is a perfect choice for all-around home use. It features that classic tried and true crowbar design that has been around for decades and can be used for everything from prying apart bars to pulling nails or even smashing rocks if needed.
- forged recesses for a better grip
- withstands 975 foot-pounds of pressure
- yellow color can chip off
The Mayhew Dominator 40162 has an ergonomically designed cellulose acetate handle that reduces hand fatigue while working, and a thin, straight blade that is easy to slip between slim spaces. At 58" long, it offers some serious leverage, too.
- the entire length is heat-treated
- stands up to regular use and abuse
- too heavy to use with one hand
The Groz Heavy Duty Roll Head industrial series pry bar was made specifically for the automotive industry. It is ideal for heavy prying and fulcrum prying, and it has a tapered end that works extremely well for all types of aligning applications.
- fully hardened and tempered
- made from chrome vanadium steel
- no padding on the handle
The Duckbill Deck Wrecker makes it a snap to remove board after board, so it's a perfect choice for demolishing decks and wooden floors. It has a patented design that slides under a board, straddles a single or double joist and lifts the board, usually in one piece.
- long enough to be used while standing
- head rotates to work near structures
- strong fiberglass handle
|Brand||UFPI LBR & Treated|
If you absolutely, positively must demolish existing construction on the double, the Stanley FatMax Xtreme FuBar III will help you get the job done. It can be used for everything from prying to bending to striking and has a textured grip for better control.
- 8.5-pound total weight
- 2-tier jaw size for various lumber
- feels well balanced in the hand
This 4-piece TEKTON 3352 Pry Bar Set is an incredible value for what you get. It lets you tackle prying projects of all types, from heavy duty rugged lumber removal to the more sensitive prying of shingles or molding. Each piece is made from forged and hardened square bar.
- large comfortable poly handles
- durable black oxide finish
- sharp chisel end slides into tight spots
If you work on a variety or projects in a number of unusual locations, then the extendable GearWrench 82248 is probably your best bet. It can be extended to 48" when you need more leverage, and reduced to 29" when you need to get into smaller spaces or for storage.
- grooved profile on prying head
- exceeds ansi pry bar requirements
- prying head has 14 locking positions
|Brand||Apex Tool Group|