10 Best Sandboxes | March 2017
We spent 21 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Why do kids love to play in sand? Maybe for the same reason adults like to go to the beach. Whatever the reason, if you aren't lucky enough to have an oceanfront villa, let your kids pretend they are by the sea with one of these sandboxes. Skip to the best sandbox on Amazon.
The Little Tikes Castle Adventures has more activities than most other options, so it will keep kids entertained for longer. It also costs less, making it affordable for most parents. Unfortunately, it isn't large enough for kids to sit inside it.
- gender neutral castle theme
- has a princess tower
- drawbridge can be raised and lowered
If you want a basic, but attractive, sandbox, consider the Gorilla Playsets Play-Zee-Bo. As the name implies, it looks just like a real gazebo, and the colorful shade tarp is fire-retardant and mold resistant, making it safe and fun.
- brightens up any backyard
- all lumbar is precut and drilled
- sand cover is not airtight
The KidKraft Pirate Sandboat will provide your little adventurer with hours of marauding fun. They can pretend to take their friends along on a sailing trip across the high seas and plunder all the loot they can find along the way.
- sturdy real wood construction
- lots of bright colors
- has a flag and steering wheel
The Swing Town Hexagonal is a generous size, making it more than suitable for growing families. It is strong enough to withstand the most curious and active children, so it is a good choice for preschools or nurseries, and it comes with a rain cover to protect the sand.
- looks great in the backyard
- cedar wood stands up to the elements
- makes a lovely garden box too
The little freebooter in your family will love digging for gold in the Little Tikes Hidden Pirate Treasure. It has four seats on the corners to encourage multi-child play, and it can double as a toy storage box when not in use.
- fun molded-in treasure shapes
- has map for jewel and coin finding
- can be used as a kiddie pool
The Step2 Crabbie is a charming option that is ideal for parents who don't have a large backyard. It's small enough to be used on a patio, has a fun cartoon shape that kids love, and the claws double as seats for multi-kid play.
- shell lid protects the sand
- durable plastic construction
- seals to keep out insects
The Outward Play Playfort has everything you could ever want in a sandbox: a canopy to keep your little ones protected from the sun, lots of seating so you don't need to kneel in the dirt if you play with them, and two storage trays for toys.
- rot and insect-resistant wood
- large enough for multiple kids
- groundsheet to stop weeds