8 Best Slide Hammers | December 2016
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Whether you work in an auto body shop or do your own DIY repair, one of these slide hammers will make it easy to pull dents, remove bearings or other tricky parts, and strike an object from an inaccessible side. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best slide hammer on Amazon.
If you're on a budget, the XtremepowerUS 02216 can get the job done without breaking the bank. It is not the best quality, but it comes with 10 pieces that will come in handy for occasional use.
- accepts other slide hammer attachments
- comes in grey, not blue as pictured
- paint starts to chip off over time
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The industrial quality Neiko 02236A is a mechanic's dream that offers convenience and versatility for light to heavy duty jobs. Plus, the solid T handle shaft allows a comfortable and secure grip for optimal performance.
- slide hammer is malleable steel
- quick and efficient
- comes with only 1 thread set
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
With each component being made from durable chrome-vanadium steel, the Capri Tools 21008 is a set that will last for years to come. Plus, the sturdy case makes it simple to organize and take with you whenever duty calls.
- comfortable integrated carrying handle
- includes a handy knuckle spreader
- hammer is not as heavy as other sets
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The OTC 4579 gives a lot of bang for your buck. It includes a grip wrench adapter and a heavy duty dent puller that gives you the option to replace just the bolt if needed, rather than the entire attachment.
- versatile internal and external jaws
- can use with any otc 5/8"-18 attachments
- jaws are sometimes hard to adjust
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The 13-piece professional-quality Arksen A-002-AU-20223 makes the perfect addition to any shop or tool shed. Its 10-pound cast iron slider packs a real punch, making it suitable for both home and business applications.
- versatile puller assortment
- great for auto body repair
- durable double barreled connector
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The GearWrench 41700D is a worthwhile investment for a wide range of puller applications, such as flange type axles and oil seals. It comes equipped with both front and rear hub flange brackets to tackle even the toughest jobs.
- heavy duty construction is built to last
- comes with a lifetime guarantee
- smooth protective finish
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The TEKTON 5632 has a high strength steel shaft, with a nonslip finger grip handle that makes working for extended hours easy by reducing hand fatigue. It is the ideal set for do-it-yourself auto body repairs.
- drop forged steel hook attachment
- simple, yet effective
- has a 5/8"-18 thread on the shaft end
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The CTA Tools 8090 is a popular choice that easily removes bearings, gears, bushings, seals, and grease retainers. It features four jaw assemblies for both inside and outside pulling with multiple jaw configurations.
- packed in a durable blow molded case
- great for rebuilding speed variators
- good jaw range for various jobs
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|