6 Best Stirling Engines | March 2017
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Relegated to few applications for over a century, Stirling engines are having somewhat of a renaissance, due to concerns over fossil fuel availability and climate change. In any case, they are a great learning tool and attractive desktop pieces. Skip to the best stirling engine on Amazon.
The Weiheng Fd03 Stirling Engine is a good choice to use as a teaching product or to share with your kids. It comes with extra spare parts, so you don't have to worry about something breaking during teaching or play sessions.
- requires 90% or higher alcohol
- engine runs at over 1000 rpms
- carbon buildup easily wipes clean
The Sunnytech LT001 comes in several different colors, such as bronze and black. Its flywheel can reach speeds of up to 180-200 RPM. This low-cost model needs a 20°C temperature difference to start its motion.
- runs for 20 minutes on 1 cup of water
- can run on hot or cold water
- can be tweaked for better performance
The DStar LED is durable and designed to last, being made with high-quality machined parts that can easily be replaced if any component fails. It has a stylish design that looks great on your desk or table.
- good energy conversion demonstrator
- leds run by a small generator
- finished wooden platform resists heat
|Model||Sterling Engine with LE|