9 Best Suction Pool Cleaners | April 2017
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. As well as eliminating the backbreaking work of manually cleaning your swimming pool, these suction pool cleaners can also reduce the need for excessive chemicals, by reducing the amount of algae left stagnating at any given point in time and pushing other contaminants through your filtration system. Skip to the best suction pool cleaner on Amazon.
The XtremepowerUS X5043 is compatible with both above ground and in-ground swimming pools, and easily hooks up to your existing pool skimmer or vacuum line in minutes without the need for any additional installation tools. But it will require a minimum 3/4-horsepower pump.
- quiet operation
- unit comes pre-assembled
- plastic components are rather cheap
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
Ideal for removing debris from both fiberglass and vinyl-lined pools, the Poolmaster 27402 provides a stainless-steel tension spring handle that keeps the cleaner submerged underwater and perfectly level with a pool's floor. However, the unit is a bit on the small side.
- swivel-function hose adapter
- 2 adjustable air relief valves
- clogs more often than competition
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Voyager Vacumac is an in-ground automatic suction cleaner with advanced swivel technology that promotes effective random movement across your pool's surface. Its quick-release removable hammer cover makes it easy to clean and to remove debris from the drive mechanism.
- comes complete with 8 hoses
- also includes an instruction manual
- parts warranty is only for 6 months
|Brand||Voyager by Integrated P|
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The OAI SkimmerMotion offers whirlpool suction action for picking up almost any type of debris a pool could accumulate, including dust, pollen, twigs and small leaves. This design also assists in recycling your pool's surface water back into its own filtration system.
- attaches to automatic pool cleaners
- crown system collects large debris
- occasionally tends to trap air
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Pentair Kreepy Krauly has a dive float directional system built to guide the unit from a pool's water line right to its floor. Its roller strap can also maneuver the cleaner around steps and ladders to ensure the most consistent cleaning coverage possible.
- no extra wheels or gears to replace
- cleaning wings for channeling leaves
- assembly is a bit cumbersome
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Zodiac Baracuda G3 is a quiet and powerful suction cleaner with a patented flow keeper valve that automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance. It is also compatible with single, two-speed, and variable-speed pool pumps.
- wheel deflector for tight corners
- scuff-resistant long-life hoses
- 36-fin disc improves pool adhesion
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
Thanks to its combination of vortex vacuum technology and top-access, large filter canister, the Polaris F9450 is capable of collecting more than four times the debris load of other cleaners in its class. Its 4-wheel drive system can cover almost any type of pool terrain.
- covers pools up to 50 feet in length
- 7-day programmable cleaning cycle
- pleated scrubbing brush
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Hayward PoolCleaner is available in either 2 or 4-wheel drive versions and uses your pool's existing pump and filter as its own power source. Its patented, adjustable roller skirt will help to improve the unit's suction on almost any uneven pool surface.
- self-adjusting turbine vanes
- durable tire treads for climbing
- pre-programmed internal steering
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
Designed to reach deep inside corners, the Dolphin Premier delivers a unique swiveling system that provides full 360-degree rotation as it vacuums up pool debris. Its smart-nav software also calculates the optimal cleaning pattern for your pool's surface.
- multimedia filtration system
- powerful built-in dc motor
- controlled by a microprocessor
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|