10 Best Survival Knives | March 2017
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Packed with features, including blade sharpeners, fire starters, compasses, whistles, flashlights, window breakers, seat belt cutters and more, these survival knives are must-have gear for campers, hikers, EMTs and military personnel. They let you carry a veritable arsenal of tools in a compact and lightweight [package that won't slow you down. Skip to the best survival knife on Amazon.
The Maxam Survival Knife packs a comprehensive kit into its handle and sheath, including matches, a compass, and even some basic fishing tackle. Since the handle is hollow, you can also use it to store a custom survival kit with your choice of gear.
- includes a small backup knife
- lanyard for securing to leg
- compass isn't very accurate
The BlizeTec 5-in-1 is a great choice for EMTs or other first responders, thanks to its window breaker and seat belt cutter. It is backed by a 100% lifetime warranty and gets extremely high reviews from users, plus it has an integrated LED light.
- comes with a nylon carry pouch
- measures just 5" when closed
- doesn't feel well balanced
The Coleman Survivor may have a budget price point, but that doesn't mean it can't get you out of a pinch. It comes with a unique set of accessories, including a fishing hook and line, a couple of matches, a compass, and a needle and thread.
- noncorroding stainless steel blade
- serrations on the back of the blade
- isn't very sharp on arrival
Coming from one of the best known survivalists in the world, the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate is a serious tool for the serious outdoorsman. It has an integrated fire starter and a diamond sharpener tucked away in the hilt, and a sawground back blade.
- emergency micro lanyard whistle
- molded rubber grip
- ground-air communications instructions
First and foremost, the BlizeTec BT985LE has a superior blade than most knives you can find. In addition to that, it has a fire starter that can stand up to 12,000 strikes and an integrated LED with a 30-hour battery life, so it should get you out of any jam.
- classic pakka wood handle
- features full-tang blade
- premium gift box presentation
The OutNowTech VANTAGE Multi-Purpose folds up so it can fit in your pocket for easy transport and puts a tiny arsenal of tools at your disposal. It features an emergency seat belt cutter, a glass breaker tip, a removable fire starter rod and more.
- built-in led flashlight
- semi-serrated blade with bottle opener
- available in left or right-handed model
The CDS-Survival MOVA-58 is about as high quality and durable as survival knives come. It holds its edge exceptionally well and comes with a genuine leather sheath, which also holds a fire steel and sharpening stone, making it the ideal field knife.
- handmade knife with blade cut by laser
- available with wood or micarta handle
- hefty enough to chop wood