10 Best Survival Knives | December 2016
Packed with features, including blade sharpeners, fire starters, compasses, whistles, flashlights, window breakers, seat belt cutters and more, these survival knives are must-have gear for campers, hikers, EMTs and military personnel. They let you carry a veritable arsenal of tools in a compact and lightweight [package that won't slow you down. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best survival knife on Amazon.
As long as you accept that the Survivor HK-217 is more of a novelty than a real survival tool, it's a great, fun purchase at a great low price. It's not the kind of item you'd want to bet your life on, but it's fun to take along while camping and has a rugged look.
- comes in bright silver or flat black
- extremely sharp when it arrives
- overall cheap construction
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Rothco Deluxe Adventurer has a blade that measures 5.25" long, which gives plenty of cutting space and enough heft to get the job done. It comes with over 15 accessories, many of which aren't found in most other survival knives, like a signal mirror and band-aids.
- handle's contents stay dry in heavy rain
- includes a small harpoon
- doesn't hold an edge for very long
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
With its small handle clip, the StatGear 99416 Surviv-All stays securely in its sheath no matter what kind of activities you are performing. It has a well-balanced, full tang, drop point blade with a steel pommel that doubles as a window breaker.
- rubber handle won't slip out of the hand
- rear of sheath has a sharpening stone
- sheath offers no water drainage
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Maxam Survival Knife packs a comprehensive kit into its handle and sheath, including matches, a compass, and even some basic fishing tackle. Since the handle is hollow, you can also use it to store a custom survival kit with your choice of gear.
- includes a small backup knife
- lanyard for securing to leg
- compass isn't very accurate
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The BlizeTec 5-in-1 is a great choice for EMTs or other first responders, thanks to its window breaker and seat belt cutter. It is backed by a 100% lifetime warranty and gets extremely high reviews from users, plus it has an integrated LED light.
- comes with a nylon carry pouch
- measures just 5" when closed
- doesn't feel well balanced
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Coleman Survivor may have a budget price point, but that doesn't mean it can't get you out of a pinch. It comes with a unique set of accessories, including a fishing hook and line, a couple of matches, a compass, and a needle and thread.
- noncorroding stainless steel blade
- serrations on the back of the blade
- isn't very sharp on arrival
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
Coming from one of the best known survivalists in the world, the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate is a serious tool for the serious outdoorsman. It has an integrated fire starter and a diamond sharpener tucked away in the hilt, and a sawground back blade.
- emergency micro lanyard whistle
- molded rubber grip
- ground-air communications instructions
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
First and foremost, the BlizeTec BT985LE has a superior blade than most knives you can find. In addition to that, it has a fire starter that can stand up to 12,000 strikes and an integrated LED with a 30-hour battery life, so it should get you out of any jam.
- classic pakka wood handle
- features full-tang blade
- premium gift box presentation
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The OutNowTech VANTAGE Multi-Purpose folds up so it can fit in your pocket for easy transport and puts a tiny arsenal of tools at your disposal. It features an emergency seat belt cutter, a glass breaker tip, a removable fire starter rod and more.
- built-in led flashlight
- semi-serrated blade with bottle opener
- available in left or right-handed model
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The CDS-Survival MOVA-58 is about as high quality and durable as survival knives come. It holds its edge exceptionally well and comes with a genuine leather sheath, which also holds a fire steel and sharpening stone, making it the ideal field knife.
- handmade knife with blade cut by laser
- available with wood or micarta handle
- hefty enough to chop wood
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|