10 Best Tablets For Students | March 2017
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. With all the heavy books and other gear they have to carry from class to class these days, the last thing any student needs is to also have to carry around a heavy laptop. These tablets for students deliver almost all of the performance, versatility and capabilities of a full-size laptop but in a much smaller and lighter package. Skip to the best tablet for students on Amazon.
If you're looking for an advanced lightweight tablet without the high price tag, the Lenovo Tab 2 is a good bet. It sports a stylish midnight blue color and has 10 hours of productive use on a single charge for reliability you can count on from class to class.
- 5 megapixel camera takes nice selfies
- super bright touchscreen
- bluetooth doesn't have a great range
The Apple iPad Air 2 is a great mix of size and performance for daily use. It's uber thin design is easy to carry around with just one hand and is comfortable to use for all-nighters. You can choose from a 16 GB storage capacity up to 128 GB, depending on your needs.
- durable and modern aluminum design
- has a touch id feature
- single speaker isn't very loud
With its slim profile and subtle curves, the sleek Google Nexus 9 can easily fit into your backpack without adding any bulk. Its 64-bit processor allows seamless multitasking as you move between tabs to check email, watch videos, and tweak documents all at once.
- front facing speakers have crisp sound
- high-quality brushed metal sides
- tends to overheat if used for too long
The Samsung Galaxy Note Pro boasts a high-resolution 12.2" display with more than 4 million pixels, so you can enjoy rich graphics and stunning clarity while you work or play. Also, the Magazine Home feature allows you to customize with profiles, dashboards, and more.
- great for sharing with multi user mode
- comes with 50gb of dropbox storage space
- allows collaboration in real time
The Apple iPad Pro is a best-selling option for it's style and innovation. It is loaded with features, like an 8 MP iSight camera and four-speaker audio, plus it supports the new Apple Smart Keyboard, which can easily turn this computer into a laptop.
- supports the apple pencil
- works with over a million ios apps
- available in silver, space gray or gold
The slim and attractive 8" LG Electronics G Pad II offers solid performance at an amazing price. Its multi-tasking interface is a great feature that allows the user to open two resizable windows over the main screen, rather than splitting the screen in half.
- comes with ms office pre-installed
- up to 420 hours of battery standby time
- has a full-size usb port
At less than 2 lbs, the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is a premium choice that is convenient to carry around. It features a powerful 6th Gen Intel Core m3 processor with a storage capacity of 128 GB and also comes with a stylus that is especially handy when running OneNote.
- has a multi-position kickstand
- extremely high contrast and low glare
- runs quietly and stays cool