10 Best USB Mixers | April 2017
We spent 22 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. It's kind of remarkable how technology has enabled just about anyone to create a professional quality performance and recording studio these days. Our comprehensive selection of USB mixers is a great example of what can be done with a fairly inexpensive piece of gear and a computer. Try one of them for your next performance or recording session. Skip to the best usb mixer on Amazon.
The Alesis MultiMix 8 has a clean interface that allows for quick work, making it good for those who work in high pressure live performance situations. It also makes a great choice for a home studio, as it's packed with a number of useful features.
- switchable high-pass filters on xlr ins
- available in a 4 channel model
- output through usb is stereo only
|Model||MultiMix 8 USB FX|
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
If you need a low cost two-channel mixer that is durable and doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, then the Pyle-Pro PAD10MXU makes a good choice. Its USB port interfaces with your computer and doubles as the power source, keeping cables to a minimum.
- phantom power on xlr1 input
- leds show you power and clipping levels
- control knobs come off easily
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The Akai Professional MIDImix has 8 individual line faders and a master fader, so you can set each channel to the ideal volume before switching from one to the other. Each channel has dedicated mute, solo and record arm buttons, too.
- 1 to 1 mapping with ableton live
- one button sends all channels to the daw
- included editor needs more functionality
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Numark M6 was designed with DJs in mind. If you are looking for something to stick between those turntable decks so you can cut and scratch with the best of them, then this is the mixer for you. It has 4 input channels, each with their own gain and three-band EQ.
- easy to see led metering
- crossfader is replaceable
- does not have any sound effects
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Behringer XENYX has many of the features of higher cost models, but won't break the bank, making it a good choice for artists on a tight budget. It has 4 high quality phantom-powered XENYX mic preamps, and creates a warm sound with its neo-classic 3-band EQs.
- fx processor with 16 editable presets
- stunning xpq 3d stereo surround effect
- rugged components to last a lifetime
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Allen & Heath ZED-18 is a compact, rack-mountable option that is easy to take to concert locations. It features 10 mono channels and 4 stereo channels for versatility, and a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ, which utilizes Flexible MusiQ.
- includes sonar le recording software
- direct integration with macs and pcs
- have to buy ear racks separately
|Brand||Allen & Heath|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The Alto Professional Live 1202 has 60 mm faders, allowing for super quick adjustments, and features 7 balanced XLR inputs with switchable phantom power for use with any type of microphone. It's a great choice for live concerts, speaking events, and theater performances.
- can record directly onto a mac or pc
- 2 aux sends per channel
- onboard analog compression
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Behringer X32 is designed for professional sound studios, featuring a total of 40 input channels and programmable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, allowing it to deliver optimal dynamic range. It has a smart layout promoting a fluid workflow as you move between channels.
- long-throw 100 mm motorized servo faders
- 7-inch day-viewable color tft display
- easy for newbies and pros to use
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Yamaha MG10XU is available in a 6, 10, 12, 16, and 20 input model, so there is one suitable for every audio setup. It has a durable metal chassis with XLR balanced outputs as well as built-in SPX digital effects and a bi-directional USB jack.
- studio-quality preamps
- quick access 1-knob compressors
- produces good clean sound
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The Mackie PROFX12V2 is packed with features, like a ReadyFX effects engine with 16 useful effects, including reverbs, delays, and choruses. It also has a 7-band graphic EQ to fine tune your music for a perfect sound every time.
- 6 low-noise mackie vita mic preamps
- available with more and fewer channels
- phantom power for condenser mics
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|