10 Best Waterproof Chargers | April 2017
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Once upon a time, going hiking or camping meant no distractions from the outside world. Not any more! Stay connected anywhere you go by keeping your smartphone, tablet or laptop charged with one of these rugged waterproof chargers, which are designed to withstand the harshest environments. Skip to the best waterproof charger on Amazon.
The Suaoki Portabel is a great choice for extended excursions where access to power will be limited. It has a 25W solar panel that charges quickly, but that also makes it big and some may find it cumbersome to carry.
- identifies optimal current for devices
- magnetic closure system
- doesn't have a storage battery
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Solar Panel Mobile Charger 8000mAh is a good choice if you just want something low-priced that will last through one or two hiking trips and keep your phone charged. It has a charging indicator light, and is small enough to be carried in a pocket.
- good value for the price
- can be charged via a wall outlet
- low 1a charging power
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
With its attached carabiner clip, the EasyAcc 9000TP-BB can be hooked on your pack, so you don't have to worry about losing it when on the go. It even comes with a compass to help you find your way, and is also dust and shock resistant.
- includes 2 micro usb cables
- has a hidden usb flashlight
- protective cap is very hard to open
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
If you plan on days or even weeks in the wilderness, the Upow 5000 is for you. It doesn't have a large power storage capacity, but it refills on solar power every day and can still store enough for 2 nighttime phone charges.
- doubles as an emergency flashlight
- rubber covering every port
- takes a while to get a full solar charge
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Outdoor Tech OT1600 Kodiak is certified IP67 shock- and water-proof with its heavy-duty silicone wrap. It comes in a variety of bright and dark colors, so you can choose one that is easily spotted or a more discreet option.
- comes with cool stickers
- compact unit fits almost anywhere
- low 6000 mah capacity
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
Nighttime charging when camping is easy with the FosPower POWERACTIVE, which has an LED flashlight incorporated into the charging face, so you don't stumble in the dark. It's also freeze-proof for extreme weather use.
- built-in short circuit protection
- comes with a compass and carabiner
- takes a long time to fully charge
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Limefuel L150XR lets you keep your devices charged anywhere you go with a huge 15,000 mAh capacity, and universal compatible outputs, capable of charging your smartphone multiple times. Plus it's so tough it can be run over with a car.
- 2 amps of power for quicker charging
- charges two devices simultaneously
- protective door doesn't always seal
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Outdoor Tech OT1650 comes in 5 different colors, one of which is glow green so it can be easily spotted at night, and it has dual USB out ports. It also features a battery level indicator, so you know when it's time to recharge.
- flip cap to protect charging ports
- textured case won't slip out of the hand
- fully submersible for up to 30 minutes
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Jarv TANK is just as rugged as its name would imply. Drop it, throw it, get it wet. No problem. This beast takes it all and keeps on charging. Plus it charges 4 times faster than traditional USB plugs.
- still water resistant when cap is open
- quality grade a lithium battery
- led indicators show remaining charge
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
The Dark Energy Poseidon is a super rugged waterproof and shockproof charger that will stand up to the most extreme adventures and environments. It has a 10,000 mAh capacity, which gives between 4 and 6 full phone charges.
- has two charging ports
- includes ultra-durable micro usb cable
- comes with a nylon strap and carabiner
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|