10 Best 3 Hole Punches | December 2016
Whether at the office or for school, you can make your next paper project go a lot quicker by using one of these 3 hole punches. Coming in both manual and electric versions, they will get all your documents neatly ready for insertion into any kind of binder, and can punch through up to 300 sheets at a time. Skip to the best 3 hole punch on Amazon.
The Mainstays 997 is a great choice for students because of its budget-friendly price point and ability to withstand rough use. It has a removable, spill-resistant tray to catch chips and a soft rubber grip handle.
- all 3 punches can be repositioned
- can handle paper up to 18" long
- paper guide doesn't always stay in place
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Sparco SPR01796 has a durable steel construction and an adjustable centering guide, plus it comes in at a surprisingly low price point. It will also punch right through laminated paper and magazines.
- cuts holes cleanly without pounding
- good choice for classroom use
- doesn't have a lock down mechanism
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
The PaperPro 2220 uses asymmetrical dies to reduce the pressure required to punch, and it has a convenient attached ruler with a paper guide, so you always get the holes in the right place. It punches cleanly without jamming.
- good option for very small work spaces
- backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- the rear access door doesn't stay closed
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Swingline LightTouch has the capability of punching anywhere from 2 to 7 holes, depending on your preferences, so it is more versatile than most punches. It has a wide-grip lever handle that is comfortable and easy to use.
- great quality at an affordable price
- available in 20 and 40 sheet options
- punch heads are difficult to replace
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Officemate 90078 has a large and solid lever handle that some find easier to operate than the standard push punch. It is also adjustable for accommodating both 2 and 3-hole punching projects.
- 32-sheet paper capacity
- steel construction will last for years
- the exterior black finish tends to chip
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The Carl 63040 has an easy-to-empty paper chip tray, 3 precision-ground steel 9/32-inch punch heads that are capable of pushing through more than 40 sheets at once, and a strong handle grip for quick, one-handed punching.
- handle locks down for compact storage
- has a skid-resistant base
- no adjustable paper guide
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Officemate Deluxe features a padded ergonomic handle that is comfortable to use again and again. It also has a convenient pullout chip drawer with a see-through window for easy and neat disposal of your paper chips.
- the unit rarely ever jams
- has a sleek metallic silver exterior
- very sturdy construction
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Swingline Commercial 74535 is an electric hole punch model with fixed punch heads for improved speed and reliability. It is a great choice for higher-volume projects when you need to get a clean finished product quickly.
- ideal for use in shared work spaces
- push-button design makes it easy to use
- hole punch operates quietly
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
Capable of running on AC or battery power, the top loading Bostitch EHP3BLK is stylish and easy to transport. It has a compact design that is ideal for almost any desktop, and punches holes cleanly.
- features precision steel punch heads
- easy clean chip drawer
- can adjust hole placements
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Carl CUI63300 is constructed from heavy-gauge steel, with high-strength hollow core punch pad technology, which requires less manual force and is still capable of punching through 300 sheets at once.
- has a built-in paper guide
- it is preset for standard 3-ring binders
- margin depth is adjustable
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|