The 10 Best 3 Hole Punches
We spent 20 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Whether for the office or at school, one of these three-hole punches will make quick work of a tall stack of papers in need of filing into binders. Available in both manual and electric options, they will get all your documents neatly ready for insertion into any kind of three-ring folder and can punch through stacks of sheets at a time. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best 3 hole punch on Amazon.
10. Bostitch Electric EHP3BLK
Capable of running on AC or battery power, the top-loading Bostitch Electric EHP3BLK is quite stylish. It has a compact form factor, too, that is ideal for smaller desktops or mobile workspaces, and can pierce through up to 12 sheets at a time.
- precision steel heads
- sleek modern black and silver design
- paper guide doesn't lock in place
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
9. Homework 1385
While it may not be a high-tech or flashy option, the Homework 1385 is hard to beat for students. It comes with built-in holes for binder clips, so you can carry it with you everywhere and prepare fresh sheets for storage on the go.
- available in a variety of colors
- includes a mechanical pencil
- doesn't trap paper chips after use
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
8. Mainstay Heavy Duty
The Mainstay Heavy Duty is a great choice for students because of its budget-friendly price point and ability to withstand rough use. It includes a removable, spill-resistant tray to catch all the loose bits of paper and a soft rubber grip on its handle.
- all 3 punches can be repositioned
- handles sheets up to 18 inches long
- guide doesn't always stay in place
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
7. Sparco SPR01796
The Sparco SPR01796 features a durable steel construction and an adjustable centering guide, plus it comes in at an impressively budget-friendly price point. Its heavy-duty plungers can push right through laminated paper and magazines with ease.
- cuts cleanly without excess pressure
- good choice for classroom use
- doesn't have a lock-down mechanism
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
6. PaperPro inPress 2220
The PaperPro inPress 2220 uses asymmetrical dies to reduce the pressure required to push through, and it has a convenient integrated ruler with a paper guide to ensure precision when lining up a large pile of pages. It makes crisp cuts and rarely jams.
- good option for small workspaces
- backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- hard to align short stacks of paper
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
5. Officemate Heavy Duty 90078
The Officemate Heavy Duty 90078 has a large and solid lever handle that some may find easier to operate than a standard press-style model. The placement of its plungers is adjustable and it can accommodate both two- and three-hole projects.
- 32-sheet capacity
- solid steel body will last for years
- finish tends to chip over time
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
4. Carl 63040
The Carl 63040 is equipped with an easy-emptying paper chip tray; three precision-ground, standard-sized, steel punch heads that are capable of pushing through more than 40 sheets at once; and a strong handle that's easy to grip for quick, one-handed use.
- handle locks down for storage
- skid-resistant base
- lacks an adjustable paper guide
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
3. Swingline Commercial 74535
The Swingline Commercial 74535 is a quiet electric model with fixed punch heads for improved speed and reliability. It is a great choice for higher-volume projects when you need to put together a clean finished product quickly.
- ideal for use in shared workspaces
- push-button design for ease of use
- also available in a 2-hole model
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
2. Officemate Deluxe 90100
The Officemate Deluxe 90100 features a padded ergonomic handle that keeps it comfortable to use over and over again. It has a convenient slide-out drawer with a see-through window for simple and tidy disposal of your paper chips.
- rarely ever jams
- sleek silver finish
- impressively sturdy construction
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
1. Swingline LightTouch
The Swingline LightTouch has the capability of making any number from two to seven holes, depending on your preferences, so it is more versatile than most options. It has a wide-grip handle that is comfortable to use and provides good leverage.
- great quality at an affordable price
- available in 20- and 40-sheet sizes
- backed by a lifetime warranty
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|