6 Best AC Leak Stoppers | April 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. With the cost of calling out an appliance repair person being so expensive, it may pay to try one of these AC leak stoppers first if your unit is giving you problems. They can deliver an instant and economical fix for many common household air conditioning leaks. And they come in options suitable for automotive use, too, which is great as mechanics are not cheap, either. Skip to the best ac leak stopper on Amazon.
AC PRO ACP-105 is a combination leak stopper and refrigerant recharger that restores lost R-134a refrigerant and oil while it eliminates acid and seals up smaller leaks. It also contains anti-corrosive additives to help protect your metal pipes for years to come.
- can has clear instructions on it
- budget-friendly price point
- doesn't come with dispenser or gauge
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
Blue Devil Products Red Angel can repair leaks in almost any part of you AC system, including points in condensers, evaporators, connection hoses, gaskets, and O-rings. Plus it contains no solid or particulate matter that will clog the system or harm the recovery unit.
- contains 2.5 ounces of freon
- quick and easy one shot use
- not a long-term fix
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
AC Leak Freeze 00284 can be used in homes and commercial HVAC applications as it's compatible with all standard refrigerant gases. It's polymer-free and has been tested to ensure there is no chance it can clog or impair your compressor in any way.
- seals additional leaks for up to 1 year
- not activated by moisture or oxygen
- only works on leaks up to .05 mm in size
|Brand||A/C Leak Freeze|
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Cliplight Super Seal Advanced 944KIT is designed to permanently seal any leaks in home AC units up to 5 tons. Not only that, it also effectively prevents future leaks. As a bonus, it even eliminates moisture and enhances system efficiency.
- compatible with all oils & refrigerants
- includes a connection hose
- helps to increase compressor life
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
If you have a car leaking coolant from the AC system, before you take it to the mechanic, give Interdynamics AC PRO MRL-3 a try. It costs less than $30 and travels through your AC system to create a sturdy seal on the outside of the pipe where the leak is.
- has a drying agent mixed in
- contains additives to rejuvenate o-rings
- easy to follow usage instructions
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Nu-Calgon Refrigerant Leak Kit is designed for home use in systems from 1-1/2 to 5 tons. It is extremely effective because it travels with the refrigerant and doesn't mix with the oil like other leak stoppers do, plus it won't harden up inside the system.
- creates seals that last for years
- works on leaks others can't repair
- seals leaks in less than an hour
|Brand||Nu-Calgon Wholesaler, I|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|