10 Best Area Rugs | December 2016
What's the fastest and easiest way to totally change the look and feel of any room? Change the color and texture of the floor, of course. Whether your budget is low, medium or high, and no matter what your decorating style - modern, classic or antique - you'll find the perfect area rug to brighten up your home or workplace from our varied selection. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best area rug on Amazon.
The Rugshop Floral is made from machine-woven polypropylene that makes it incredibly durable and able to stand up to use in heavy traffic areas. It doesn't tamper down easily and keeps its pile height after years and years of use, plus it resists stains and fading.
- large, yet surprisingly affordable
- bold colors with a traditional design
- should be used with a rug pad
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The Ottomanson Shag can be a great way to pull conflicting elements of a room together and create one well thought out style. It comes in 12 different color options, unfortunately, not all of the colors are available in every size option.
- stain, fade and wear-resistant
- not as plush as more expensive shag rugs
- shag takes a long time to puff up
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
If you're into the classic floral pattern, then the Eorc Euro OS564BL is probably your best bet. It has a very sturdy construction with rubber backing, ensuring it will never slip, which makes it great for homes with running children or elderly people.
- machine washable for convenience
- made of high quality nylon fiber
- doesn't feel very soft
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The Rugs USA Overdyed is a vintage style rug that is machine made and imported from Egypt. It has a medium pile height that is easy to vacuum over without getting threads caught in the roller. Its colors are also super vibrant, perfect for those who like brighter hues.
- available in a square or round design
- doesn't require any padding
- style looks more digital than bleached
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Persian-Rugs 2917 looks like a traditional rug right out of India or Nepal, but it's actually made in Turkey. It's soft, simple and elegant, and works best in rooms with muted color palettes where its complex design won't clash with existing decor.
- settles quickly after unrolling
- looks fantastic on hardwood floors
- only available in larger sizes
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The single color palette of the Unique Loom Del Mar makes it easy to blend in with hard to match decor styles, where multicolored rugs just won't do. It's stain resistant and easy to vacuum, making it a good choice for homes with kids.
- lots of sizes to choose from
- very comfortable on bare feet
- doesn't slip around on most floors
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The American Rug Mohawk has a modern striped design mixed with rustic feeling Earth tones, giving it a warm and inviting look. It is perfect for a den, library, or office in a country home, and it's also stain-resistant and will never shed, so it should last for years.
- constructed of printed nylon
- pile height is 13/32" high
- crafted in the usa
|Brand||American Rug Craftsmen|
|Model||Carnival Stripe Multi|
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
Nothing could look more inviting than this Safavieh California Shag rug. If you want something that is so luxurious it makes you want to curl up and take a nap on it, then this rug is for you. It's power-loomed with polypropylene to ensure it's long-lasting & non-shedding.
- has a very modern style
- goes well with any type of furniture
- great for communal areas of your home
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The contrast of bright and dark colors on the Persian-Rugs 0327 allows it to blend seamlessly with a wide range of decor. It is plush and feels soft against the foot, yet durable enough to stand the test of time in high traffic areas.
- high quality polypropylene construction
- dirt and stain-resistant
- perfect balance of cost, style & quality
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Be a model for sophistication with the hand-tufted EORC Wool Morris rug. It was crafted in India and features an elegant design that looks considerably more expensive than it is. It comes in a variety of sizes and shapes from runners to large 9'6 x 13'6 models.
- attractive oriental style
- weave is extremely durable
- very thick and plush feeling
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|