8 Best Baseball Mitts | March 2017
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. When there's a batter up facing you, you'll want to protect your catching hand from any fast-moving balls. These baseball mitts are available in sizes good for youngsters and adults, with some equally capable of serving in softball leagues. Skip to the best baseball mitt on Amazon.
The Wilson A360 is an affordable choice for playing on a team or for having a catch in the backyard. Although made from synthetic leather, this glove is versatile, and it can be used for assuming almost any position, whether you're in the outfield or on the mound.
- comes in a gray and black pattern
- closes tight around the ball
- laces aren't very thick
The Rawlings Premium is designed with elastic materials for optimum grip, and it is sold in a variety of sizes. This glove's heel is adjustable and it doesn't feature any laces, which means there's no risk of the wrist plate breaking off over time.
- inner glove is made of one piece
- should be oiled before breaking in
- adult sizes may run a bit small
The Mizuno Franchise comes pre-oiled with a java-leather design that lets your fingers breathe whether they're sitting idle or clamping down. This glove's palm provides superior cushioning & its padding is reinforced so it won't lose any of its protective buffer over time.
- lacing enhances range of motion
- has fur lining at the cuff
- ball may sit loose in open basket
An initial version of the Wilson A2000 was introduced in 1957. Since then, this pro-grade model's design has remained a staple, particularly in demand as a result of its pocket, which not only offers a wide berth for the ball, but also absorbs the brunt of any line drive.
- made of steer-hide leather
- features classic double-x laces
- more expensive than most gloves
The Rawlings Player Preferred makes sense for anyone who plays in an adult league, especially if that person needs an efficient glove that they can break in as they go. This model's 12-inch pattern surrounds a web-style basket that's woven tight for retaining its form.
- design provides maximum flexibility
- laces are made of rawhide
- wrist plate is adjustable