The 10 Best Bird Food
We spent 19 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If you are hoping to attract some beautiful avians to your garden, try enticing them with one of these packs of bird food. Coming in varieties specifically designed for certain breeds and in mixed seed options good for multiple types of bird, they'll have your outdoor aviary humming in no time. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best bird food on Amazon.
10. Thomas Moore Supreme Blend
The Thomas Moore Supreme Blend is for parrots and boasts probiotics that enhance digestive health. The specific ingredients encourage birds to forage, which is good for their brains and keeps them busy. Unfortunately, birds often throw out the peppers.
- nutritionist vets the recipe
- appealing to picky parrots
- bag is not resealable
|Brand||Thomas Moore Feed|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
9. Wagner's 62004
Northeast and Mid-Atlantic songbirds who like to perch on feeders as well as eat off the ground enjoy the Wagner's 62004. It contains highly-nutritious safflower, rarely found in bird food, and works well in every type of feeder.
- appetizing to a lot of breeds
- doesn't contain pesticides
- produces a lot of waste
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
8. Heath Birdie's Blend Suet Cake
The Heath Birdie's Blend Suet Cake includes a convenient basket feeder station and 12, easy to feed cakes that draw in plenty of songbirds. Plus the vinyl coating on the basket feeder prevents a bird's feet from freezing onto it in the winter.
- easy to freeze and save for later
- cake shape prevents spilled food
- can melt in the summer
|Brand||Heath Outdoor Products|
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
7. Lyric Fruit & Nut High Energy
The Lyric Fruit & Nut High Energy is made for the always-moving wild bird. It contains a mix of all natural fruits, shell-free nuts, and seeds that attract over ten varieties of birds, including the stunning blue jay. It gives them an instant boost to fuel their flight.
- doesn't contain fillers
- pieces won't clog a hopper
- attracts a lot of squirrels
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
6. Wild Delight Nut N Berry
Great for both song and wild birds, the Wild Delight Nut N Berry boasts minerals and electrolytes important for giving these animals the energy they need. The well-diversified recipe is intended to feed a wide range of bird breeds.
- lots of nutrients and vitamins
- will keep your feeder busy
- berries can get sticky
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
5. Lafeber's Classic Nutri-Berries
The Lafeber's Classic Nutri-Berries can serve as a balanced meal or a treat for your feathered friends. It contains healthy omega 3 and 6 and has a natural flavor from the molasses that parrots love. Birds seem to enjoy holding the round-shaped nuggets, too.
- creates less mess than loose seeds
- nuggets provide beak exercise
- naturally preserving ingredients
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
4. Roudybush Daily Maintenance
The Roudybush Daily Maintenance is made with birds who are six inches or taller in mind, like cockatoos and macaws. It comes in a resealable bag that keeps the food fresh, and is steamed to retain optimal nutrition and kill bacteria.
- contains no animal by-products
- doesn't have added coloring
- helpful feeding chart on the bag
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
3. Chubby Mealworms Bulk Dried
The Chubby Mealworms Bulk Dried is available in up to a 66-pound bag, and is good for wild birds as well as chickens. Each hefty package has a solid handle built into it for easy carrying. Those who don't like to handle live worms will appreciate it.
- good for busy poultry farms
- lasts longer than fresh worms
- contains a high amount of protein
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
2. Wagner's 62059 Variety Blend
Those with feeders in their garden hoping to attract several varieties of song birds would do well with the Wagner's 62059 Variety Blend. It's a reasonably priced 16-pound bag with 11 different ingredients that are suitable for 13 breeds.
- hopper and tube ready
- contains 40 percent sunflower
- both hulled and unhulled seeds
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
1. Harrison's High Potency Coarse
Harrison's High Potency Coarse contains a special blend for medium to large parrots who have special nutritional needs due to conditions like low weight, illness or stress. It's also ideal for birds who are weaning or are in the middle of breeding.
- certified organic
- doesn't contain wheat
- requires little supplementation
|Brand||Harrison's Bird Foods|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|