10 Best Collapsible Steamers | April 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Many of the world's expert nutritionists declare that the way to ensure your food retains more of its nutrients during cooking is to steam it, rather than fry, grill or bake it. So if you want to enjoy the healthiest food possible, try one of these collapsible steamers. They don't just handle vegetables in their handy, easy-to-store baskets, but fruits, seafood and meat, too. Skip to the best collapsible steamer on Amazon.
For a splash of color, turn to the MSC International Joie Steamer, which boasts a contemporary green and stainless steel design. It's perfect for use with nonstick pans, as the silicone feet and handles protect against any scratches, but the feet are a bit too short.
- can hold about 3-4 servings
- can be washed by hand or dishwasher
- has some sharp edges
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
The Resource for Cooking is an economical choice that makes a great addition to your array of kitchen accessories. It has multi-functional uses from prepping to serving to cutting down on clutter, and also works well as a fruit basket display.
- ideal for professionals and amateurs
- lightweight and easy to handle
- may start to rust over time
|Brand||Resource for Cooking|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
Simplify your life with the OXO Good Grips, featuring a pop-up extendable handle that makes filling and transporting a breeze. The handle also easily locks into place when pressed down and the feet fold in for compact storage in tight spaces.
- fits in pans with an 8" diameter and up
- handle hole for fork insert when lifting
- quality doesn't seem built to last
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
For those wanting to cook healthy while on a budget, look no further than the StarPack Home. It has a user-friendly design that expands from 5.5 inches to 9.1 inches in size, making it ideal for both individuals and large families alike.
- comes with a 100% money back guarantee
- solid, heavy duty build
- feet are not round and a tad sharp
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The BakeWarePlus Steamer combines style and function in one convenient design. It features an extendable nylon handle that stays cool to the touch for ease of use and also protects hands from scalding hot water when removing the steamer from a pan.
- great for making homemade baby food
- 3 non-slip silicone legs
- needs a non-stick spray with meats
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The Tuli Kitchen ST1 is a must-have for busy families who are constantly on the go. It offers a quick and easy solution to preparing vegetables, seafood or dumplings within minutes, while preserving all of the healthy nutrients that are lost through other cooking methods.
- adjustable to fit a variety of pots
- comes with a free recipe book
- small center ring is hard to grab
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
Prepare healthy and delicious meals for your family using the brightly colored Zoie + Chloe. Its unique design has a detachable colander that can be used as a standalone accessory, plus it doubles as a tray to drain excess liquid while steaming.
- microwave and oven safe
- ideal for those with limited space
- very practical and affordable design
|Brand||Zoie + Chloe|
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
Steam quickly and efficiently using the Circulon Tools 51940. This clever and flexible silicone steamer can easily fit inside a 6 quart round pot and has flexible silicone handles that provide plenty of space for a snug, full-lid seal.
- heat-safe and stays cool to the touch
- basket rib design provides stability
- holds over 2 quarts of fruits or veggies
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The best-selling Sunsella Steamer offers high quality at a price that's easy on the wallet. Its 100% high-grade stainless steel construction is built to last through continuous use and, best of all, it is dishwasher safe for hassle-free clean-up.
- durable central ring for easy removal
- centre post screws off for large items
- has sturdy steel legs
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The premium Kuhn Rikon 2025 makes healthy cooking a breeze with a 2-tier design that saves you time and money. It's a versatile kitchen accessory that pulls apart easily for use as separate individual steamers, which comes in handy when cooking multiple dishes.
- great for use inside a pressure cooker
- easy to clean and maintain
- rust and stain resistant
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|