8 Best Dog Chews | December 2016
We know that some of these dog chews look delicious enough for you to eat, but if you start messing around with your pooch's snack stash, he could turn to your slippers instead. Your pooch will think you are treating him to a tasty snack, but you'll know you're also helping him or her to maintain healthy teeth and gums. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best dog chew on Amazon.
These Rocco & Roxie Supply Gourmet jerky sticks are made using a long-protected family recipe. They have a tender consistency and a delicious taste dogs love. Each treat is slowly smoked for 15 hours, locking in flavor.
- chews make a good training tool
- no wheat, corn, or unnecessary fillers
- they are difficult to separate
|Brand||Rocco & Roxie Supply Co|
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
These Pig Ear Treats come in a bag packed with 20 pieces, and are perfect for your furry friend who lives to chew. Each treat is safe, tough, and has been inspected by hand by a responsible human being.
- help keep joints and coats healthy
- no antibiotics, steroids, or chemicals
- powerful odor most humans hate
|Brand||Best Bully Sticks|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Buck Bone Organics chew is completely eco-friendly and animal-friendly, both for your dog and the elk that produced it. Each chew is filled with high-quality nutrients that come from naturally-shed, hand-collected antlers.
- gluten-, mess- and odor-free
- are non allergenic
- doesn't last long with larger dogs
|Brand||Buck Bone Organics|
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Pawstruck Cow Hooves are made in American facilities that are carefully audited, inspected, and USDA-approved. Each hoof has been trimmed and cleaned prior to roasting, so you can toss it to your dog as soon as it arrives.
- hooves have a low odor
- flavors are rich and tasty
- a bit on the thin side
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
Produced in Topeka, Kansas the Milk-Bone Brushing chews pack 99 calories each and are ideal for larger dogs weighing 50 pounds and up. They essentially function as edible toothbrushes, and are a great idea for daily use.
- good source of calcium for strong bones
- source of essential vitamins, minerals
- not for dogs with sensitive stomachs
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
Specifically crafted for use as dental chews, the Greenies Treats help to cure canine halitosis while also cleaning a dog's teeth and controlling plaque and tartar buildup. These are the #1 vet-recommended dental chews for dogs.
- soluble ingredients break down quickly
- formulated to be low fat
- expensive but high quality
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
Made from natural ingredients, including yak and cow milk, lime juice and salt, the Original Himalayan Dog chews come from an ancient recipe that is designed for heavy chewing by dogs weighing up to 65 pounds.
- loaded with plenty of proteins
- no artificial preservatives
- they keep your dog busy for a long time
|Brand||Himalayan Dog Chew|
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
Supreme Bully Sticks are a great alternative to rawhide chews, and are made with only the most wholesome ingredients. Each stick contains 100% all-natural, grass-fed beef and is a great source of protein.
- chews are fully digestable
- ideal for smaller dog breeds
- promotes healthy teeth and gums
|Brand||Best Bully Sticks|
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|