7 Best Extension Ladders | December 2016
We spent 26 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Going up? If so, you may need one of these extension ladders. Offering a height of up to 40 feet, they'll make it easy for you to clean windows, paint walls, change light bulbs and, well, reach anything that's way up there. Skip to the best extension ladder on Amazon.
If you just want something affordable that you can use for the odd job here and there, the 16' Werner D1116-2 can be a good choice. Just be careful of its low 200 lb. weight capacity, which makes it flex as you work and move around.
- modified i-beam side rails
- rungs have good traction
- working height is only 13'
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
With a 300 lb load capacity and a steady base, the Louisville AE2228 can support you and all of your tools while feeling secure and giving you a sense of stability. It has wide D-shaped rungs for climbing comfort.
- top and bottom fly section caps
- impact resistant end caps won't crack
- extremely heavy and hard to move around
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Little Giant 12026 has an A-frame stance for freestanding use, and it can be extended to a 26' height when used leaning against a house or wall. With its folding, extension design, it can also be used on uneven surfaces.
- wide-flared legs for greater stability
- exceeds all osha and ansi standards
- 20% lighter than other models
|Brand||Little Giant Ladder Sys|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The fiberglass Werner 7808 has an exclusive Alflo rung joint for twist-proof performance. It is small enough to be stored easily, but can still help you reach your roof, with a full extension of nearly 12 feet.
- heavy gauge steel locking pin
- nylon coated rung wear sleeves
- high 375 lb load capacity
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The 16' Louisville FE1716 is ideal for indoor and outdoor applications with its mar-resistant rubber feet that won't damage floors. It also has steel swivel safety shoes that adjust to sit flat on uneven ground.
- also available in a 24' model
- quick latch rung lock
- serrated slip resistant surface on rungs
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
At 12.5', the Telesteps 612FC is sufficient for most household uses. It comes in at a lower price than other models, but still has all the frills, making it a good value choice. It can be used leaning or freestanding.
- easy to carry at just 18 lbs.
- non-skid feet won't budge
- won't flex under your weight
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The DeWalt DXL3020-40PT is the contractors go-to choice. It extends to an impressive 40' and can support 300 lbs. It also has tool slots on the top shelf so you don't have to climb up and down every time you need something.
- rung end caps for quiet transport
- wraparound steel shoes
- wide contact support adds stability
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|