The 6 Best Fireplace Grates
Turn that decorative fireplace into a functional, heat generating, and mesmerizing focal point in any room with one of these fireplace grates. They provide a stable and sturdy rack on which to burn kindling, twigs, logs and even coal. We've included models designed specifically for indoor use, along with a few that would be perfect for outdoor fire pits. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best fireplace grate on Amazon.
The Liberty Foundry G500-Sampson Series is a self-feeding fireplace grate that is designed to keep both wood and hot coals together for ensuring a clean and safely-burning fire. Its deep-bed construction keeps logs centered, allowing air to reach them from all angles.
- no sharp edges or corners
- doubles as a decoration when not in use
- assembly instructions are confusing
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
Built as a single and solid piece of cast iron, the Vestal 324ML fireplace grate is very affordable, handsome, durable, and suitable for either log or coal-burning fires. Its open-ended design also makes it relatively easy to lift, transport, and to clean.
- close-set bars hold smaller sticks/twigs
- elevated for easy sweeping underneath
- front and back lips are a bit shallow
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Uniflame Hexagonal fireplace grate measures thirty inches across for an extra-wide design. This makes it a great option for holding a large number of logs and also for delivering the optimal amount of airflow to keep that fire roaring for as long as possible.
- good for outdoor fire pits
- black exterior finish complements decor
- grate has a tendency to rust
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
Made entirely from cast iron, the Mr. Flame 54258 is designed for versatility. Rotating its high end to the back of your fireplace allows for even heat distribution into your living room, while rotating that same high end to the front results in large, long-burning fires.
- rugged and elegant looking
- self-feed design is very efficient
- price is relatively affordable
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Ensure both safety and peace of mind for the whole family during the wood burning season with the Woodeeze 1191-5CF-LGL. Its 28-inch width accommodates several burning logs, while its 6 built-in legs provide both superior stability and extra clearance for easy sweeping.
- 1-inch steel bar construction
- helps prevent logs from falling out
- grate is very durable
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
Ideal for outdoor use, the Model TG-36 by Grate Wall of Fire has been constructed from extremely heavy 1-1/4" solid steel, ensuring that it will last for years without melting and also withstand the harshest environments within virtually any large fireplace.
- 36 inches wide and weighs 136 pounds
- it is made in litchfield, connecticut.
- 30-day guarantee is offered
|Brand||Grate Wall of Fire|
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|