10 Best Footballs | March 2017
We spent 20 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Whether you play for fun, intense practice or competitively, one of these footballs will be perfect for keeping your game going. We've included smaller models good for junior hands through to NFL-size balls ideal for high level games and practice. Skip to the best football on Amazon.
The Wilson F1825 NFL Pro Replica is the exact same size and weight as official NFL footballs. If you are hoping to train for a pro spot one day or even college teams, this is a good choice, or you can use it as a display item.
- doesn't feel squishy or soft
- deep pebbles and firm texture
- doesn't retain air very well
No matter whether you choose the brown or orange football, the Under Armour 395 has black laces and black strips, which give it a rugged look. It is an easy ball to throw that is great for young teens who are training.
- foam construction gives it a soft feel
- good for increasing confidence
- only lasts for a season or two
If you want to improve your throwing and catching at the same time, then the ingenious Passback PB9C-01-F will be your best friend. As long as you throw a tight spiral at any wall, it will come spiraling back at you.
- helps to perfect spiraling
- perfect for lone training sessions
- great for qb and receiver training
The Spalding Never Flat uses a durable membrane combined with NitroFlate air technology to eliminate air seepage. It will always be pumped up and ready for play even after sitting in the garage all winter long.
- soft tack composite cover
- rubber lacing for non-slip throwing grip
- sbr foam rubber backing
The Wilson F1780 GST is made of GST composite leather stretched over a multi-layered lining, which allows it to last longer than a traditional leather ball. It also has a butyl rubber bladder for better air retention.
- acl lacing system provides a good grip
- official nfl size ball
- one of the best non-leather balls
If you want to get your future NFL star training young, the Franklin Sports Grip-Rite is a good choice. It has a tacky touch, deep pebble surface to enhance the grip of small hands and bright colors for high visibility in the air.
- precision stitched construction
- double tuck synthetic laces
- comes pre-inflated
|Brand||Franklin Sports Grip-Ri|
The Nike Spiral-Tech 3.0 is an official pro-sized football, so it's great if you are practicing for the real thing. It is perfectly balanced for consistent flight and improved accuracy, helping you to get perfect spirals every time.
- all-weather composite leather
- pebble skin for a hightack feel
- retains air for a long time