10 Best Footballs | April 2017
Whether you play for fun, intense practice or competitively, one of these footballs will be perfect for keeping your game going. We've included smaller models good for junior hands through to NFL-size balls ideal for high level games and practice. Skip to the best football on Amazon.
Why let sunset stop the football fun? The GoSports FB-LED-01 has bright LED lights built in to it, so it shines brightly for easy catching at night. Just smack or kick the ball once and the lights turn on for 30 seconds at a time.
- auto shutoff to save battery life
- throws like a regular football
- some have shipped with faulty leds
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Franklin Sports Grip-Tech Mini is great for beginners who are still learning how to catch. It has embossed tips for extra grip when catching and a special Spacelace system that makes the ball easy to grip when throwing.
- combines soft foam with high tack panel
- has multiple different textures
- begins to show wear quickly
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The MacGregor Junior is good for multi-kid households where they tend to fight over toys. They are available in six different color options, so you'll always know whose is whose. It also has a low price tag.
- raised imitation laces and straps
- nylon windings and butyl bladder
- has a very rubbery feel
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The Wilson F1825 NFL Pro Replica is the exact same size and weight as official NFL footballs. If you are hoping to train for a pro spot one day or even college teams, this is a good choice, or you can use it as a display item.
- doesn't feel squishy or soft
- deep pebbles and firm texture
- doesn't retain air very well
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
No matter whether you choose the brown or orange football, the Under Armour 395 has black laces and black strips, which give it a rugged look. It is an easy ball to throw that is great for young teens who are training.
- foam construction gives it a soft feel
- good for increasing confidence
- only lasts for a season or two
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
If you want to improve your throwing and catching at the same time, then the ingenious Passback PB9C-01-F will be your best friend. As long as you throw a tight spiral at any wall, it will come spiraling back at you.
- helps to perfect spiraling
- perfect for lone training sessions
- great for qb and receiver training
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The Spalding Never Flat uses a durable membrane combined with NitroFlate air technology to eliminate air seepage. It will always be pumped up and ready for play even after sitting in the garage all winter long.
- soft tack composite cover
- rubber lacing for non-slip throwing grip
- sbr foam rubber backing
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Wilson F1780 GST is made of GST composite leather stretched over a multi-layered lining, which allows it to last longer than a traditional leather ball. It also has a butyl rubber bladder for better air retention.
- acl lacing system provides a good grip
- official nfl size ball
- one of the best non-leather balls
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
If you want to get your future NFL star training young, the Franklin Sports Grip-Rite is a good choice. It has a tacky touch, deep pebble surface to enhance the grip of small hands and bright colors for high visibility in the air.
- precision stitched construction
- double tuck synthetic laces
- comes pre-inflated
|Brand||Franklin Sports Grip-Ri|
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The Nike Spiral-Tech 3.0 is an official pro-sized football, so it's great if you are practicing for the real thing. It is perfectly balanced for consistent flight and improved accuracy, helping you to get perfect spirals every time.
- all-weather composite leather
- pebble skin for a hightack feel
- retains air for a long time
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|