The 10 Best Hard Luggage Sets
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Hard luggage sets can certainly offer more protection to your belongings than soft-sided suitcases, but you may have steered away from them in the past because of their additional weight. However, today's models are manufactured using advanced materials that are super light and, even if they do weigh a touch more, their wheel systems make them easy to move around. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best hard luggage set on Amazon.
10. Traveler's Choice Sedona
The Traveler's Choice Sedona have a highly visible colored exterior and a quiet dual airplane spinner wheel system that allows you to maneuver in tight spaces. The carry-on case is one inch longer than most airline restrictions, though, but most won't notice either.
- efficient clamshell openings
- easy to lift with multiple handles
- bulky but they can hold a lot
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
9. Nautica Tide Beach
The handsomely designed Nautica Tide Beach is a set built to carry a lot. Each piece features a ribbed hard shell, providing an added measure of security against damage. Though the corners are prone to denting, they are generally easy to push back into place.
- interiors are fully lined
- choose from four color combos
- handles feel flimsy when extended
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
8. Kenneth Cole Reaction Reverb
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Reverb compilation is ideal if your travel plans include multiple stops. With eight wheels on each suitcase and specific pockets for shoes, and accessories, they not only help you maintain organization, but can handle wear and tear, too.
- exteriors easy to wipe clean
- zippered compartments under lids
- carry-on may be oversized
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
7. Hauptstadtkoffer Alex
If interior protection is a main concern, consider the Hauptstadtkoffer Alex trio. In addition to their polycarbonate exteriors, each piece has protected corner bumpers, making them less likely to flex under extreme handling. Stack them within one another for easy storage.
- long-lasting high quality wheels
- gloss exteriors scuff easily
- heavier than most competitors
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
6. Samsonite Omni
When it comes to the Samsonite Omni collection, less is more. They may not have any organizational pockets for various knickknacks, but their micro-diamond surface texture holds up well against scratches, and the interiors are roomy enough to accommodate the entire family.
- casters make maneuvering simple
- 10-year manufacturer's warranty
- large piece easy to overpack
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
5. Diane Von Furstenberg Saluti
Stand out from the crowd with the fashion forward Diane Von Furstenberg Saluti. The vintage-influenced trunk design may remind you of travel times of old, but they feature all the modern conveniences of today, like recessed telescoping handles and spinning wheels.
- exteriors do not mark easily
- attractive 2-tone design
- compartments are not expandable
|Brand||Diane von Furstenberg|
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
4. TravelCross Columbia
Whether you're a traveling professional or a worldwide jet setter, the TravelCross Columbia are designed with a combination of elegance, durability, and practicality. Each piece has a unique serial number that can be easily traced if ever misplaced or lost.
- adjustable height handles
- well-balanced and don't tip over
- small case meets carry-on specs
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
3. Traveler's Choice Tasmania
The Traveler's Choice Tasmania may hold up against a Tasmanian devil. Their durable, yet flexible, exteriors allow for up to 25% of expansion space, and they have interior tie-tapes to secure your belongings, so you can stock up on souvenirs without worrying they'll break.
- reinforced handles
- mesh zipper pockets for valuables
- diamond cut surfaces resist marring
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
2. Merax Travelhouse
The Merax Travelhouse is a functional 3-piece set that comes with a great price without surrendering style. Their metal handle clamps are positioned outside the bags so as to not waste any interior space, and their multidirectional wheels roll silently with minimal effort.
- three-digit combination locks
- interior pockets for organization
- easy to maneuver on any surface
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
1. Samsonite Winfield 2
If you live out of your suitcases, the Samsonite Winfield 2 makes a great choice. Each piece has durable cross-straps plus a cool privacy curtain with its own zippered organizational pockets for specific accessories. Their brushed exteriors help camouflage any scratches.
- easy to smooth out unwanted dents
- two larger pieces are expandable
- come with tsa approved locks
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|