The 8 Best Headlight Restoration Kits
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. If your car, truck, or SUV is more than a year or two old, chances are that its headlights are working at less than their full capacity. With just a few minutes spent using one of these headlight cleaning and restoration kits, you can remove the grime, scratches, and yellowing caused by years of exposure to dirt, debris, and damaging ultraviolet sunlight. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best headlight restoration kit on Amazon.
8. Meguiar's G3000 Heavy Duty
The cleaners and pads in the Meguiar's G3000 Heavy Duty can, of course, be used to clean and polish a car's headlights, but they'll also help with taillights, turn signals, as well as with motorcycle windscreens, the windows of your boat, and more.
- thick wool buffing pad
- comes with microfiber towel
- requires regular repeat cleanings
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
7. Quixx Restoration and Sealer Kit
With the Quixx Restoration and Sealer Kit you can remove much of the grime and damage your headlights have endured through exposure to sunshine and road grit while also preventing future dirt and damage. The included sealant leaves a protective layer over the lens.
- works for high beams and fog lights
- enhances optical clarity
- causes damage to some light covers
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
6. H&A Quality Quick-E
This H&A Quality Quick-E gets its name thanks to its promise to be "quick and easy." And, indeed, many headlights will be noticeably cleaner and more effective with just four or five minutes of attentive care using the brand's three-step system.
- designed for 1 use with 1 car
- protective glove included
- not suitable for advanced damage
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
5. Turtle Wax T-240KT
It's almost impossible to find a lower-priced light restoring kit than the Turtle Wax T-240KT. In spite of the small price tag, this system works well enough for all but the most dirty and scuffed lenses. Note that it comes with less cleaning solution than other options.
- sealing wipes prevent future damage
- not effective against scratches
- results relatively short-lived
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
4. Mothers 07251 NuLens Renewal
The plastic polish and buffing pads in the Mothers 07251 NuLens Renewal system can remove both the oxidation and the surface-level scratches and abrasions that leave your car's headlights working poorly and looking less than showroom-ready in a single cleaning session.
- system works with any basic drill
- backed by satisfaction guarantee
- may scratch some lenses
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
3. Philips Complete Kit
This Philips Complete Kit is a must-have for anyone who regularly parks or operates his or her car in bright sunshine. Sunlight is the chief culprit behind the yellowing and clouding of headlight lenses. The cleaners in this system help remove that insidious damage.
- results last up to 2 years
- nearly doubles brightness
- enhances aesthetic appearance
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
2. Sylvania Kit
Unlike many ostensibly similar options, this Sylvania Kit requires no additional tools for proper use. The process relies on a series of potent chemical solutions that strip away the gunk clouding your headlight coverings and then polish away the rough patches.
- more than doubles beam throw
- provides excellent uv protection
- backed by lifetime warranty
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
1. 3M 39008 Restoration System
The 3M 39008 Restoration System has been trusted by tens of thousands of motorists and is often used by auto maintenance professionals as well. The affordable kit can breathe new life into your vehicle's lights in as little as a single hour.
- comes with polishing compound
- includes multiple sanding discs
- detailed instruction manual
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|