9 Best Home Gyms | January 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. The benefits of home gyms are obvious: no monthly fees, no commute, no privacy problems, no waiting for equipment, and no contracts. However, finding a model that meets your goals and matches your fitness style can be daunting. The goal is to get as diverse of a workout as possible with as small of a machine as possible, in order to keep prices down and floor space open. Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.
The Powerline BSG10X has a hard to find ten-year warranty on its frame, on top of being built with 11-gauge steel. That means this investment will last, giving you time to learn the many ways you can use the system to develop gains and good habits.
- easy to adjust 160-pound iron stack
- mostly assembled out-of-the-box
- foam handles tear over time
The Bowflex Xtreme 2SE lives up to the brand's good name by offering a total body workout in as little as half an hour. The unit allows users to move quickly between arm and leg workouts without the need for changing tension cables.
- resistance upgradable to 410 pounds
- 70 easy to learn exercises
- comfortable ergonomic seat
The Powertec Fitness WB-LS14-P combines a standard incline bench with the versatility of a single stack press. Unlike many other home gyms, no leg press gets in the way when you use the bench and, if you have existing Olympic plates, this is a no-brainer.
- optional attachments available
- not limited by total stack weight
- easy assembly with good instructions
Anybody can achieve amazing results using the patented technology of the Bowflex PR1000. It features both a lat pulldown bar and a horizontal bench press, perfect for developing the lean, toned, and V-shaped torso many fitness fans dream of.
- up to 210 pounds of resistance
- includes rail for rowing training
- 300-pound maximum capacity
The Body-Solid EXM 3000 offers a wide array of strength training exercises for up to three simultaneous users, making it ideal for large homes and family workouts. This is a true home gym system, if you have the space for it.
- contoured durafirm pads for support
- weight stacks are within easy reach
- multifunction press arm station
The BodyCraft Galena Pro offers the most available exercises in the smallest amount of space, and you do not need to purchase additional extensions to make it work. The whole system is more affordable than many, and takes less than four short hours to assemble.
- long-lasting sealed bearings
- designed to fit in room corners
- rapidly works every muscle group