The 8 Best Hooded Litter Boxes
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. We love cats and kittens but, like most people, we're not so fond of the smell their pee and poop leaves in the house. But one of these hooded litter boxes can help to mitigate the problem and prevent your cat from tracking litter dust throughout the house, especially if you pick one of the self-cleaning ones. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best hooded litter box on Amazon.
8. Giant Hooded Kitty Litter Pan
The Giant Hooded Kitty Litter Pan from MFPS has a lower opening than most litter boxes, so it's a good choice for older cats or for the feline suffering from an injury or ailment that makes jumping a difficulty.
- transparent bidirectional door
- large litter capacity
- quite an overpriced unit
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
7. Nature's Miracle Advanced Hooded
The Nature's Miracle Advanced Hooded cat litter box isn't exactly a miracle, but it is a well-made, basic litter box that's priced to sell. It has a nonstick interior surface that almost eliminates litter caking.
- made with antimicrobial protection
- four latching side locks
- prone to fluid leaks
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
6. Petmate Hooded Litter Pan Set
This Petmate Hooded Litter Pan Set is exactly what most people picture when they think of a litter box. It's basic and free of frills, but it holds plenty of litter and has a hood that provides privacy and helps contain odors.
- wide entrance good for larger cats
- molded-in feet for stability
- top and bottom halves hard to connect
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
5. Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat
The Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat litter pan features a built-in carbon filter which helps capture and reduce those odors that sometimes even the best litter can't mitigate. Its large hood lifts away for easy scooping.
- built-in bag anchors
- flap door blocks odors and dust
- door prone to occasional jams
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
4. Omega Paw Self-Cleaning
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning litter box uses a patented grill system, that separates clean litter from waste. All you do is roll the unit onto its side, and the clumped waste is separated from the clean litter, meaning easy scooping.
- minimizes litter dust
- affordable given the quality
- great for multi-cat households
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
3. Booda Clean Step Litter Dome
The Booda Clean Step Litter Dome helps to keep litter (and urine and feces) inside the litter box where it belongs, thanks to its offset entrance positioning and its steps, which help to scrape litter off little paws.
- built-in carrying handle on top
- sleek and modern design
- great reviews from most owners
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
2. Iris CLH Hooded Litter Box
The Iris CLH Hooded Litter Box is so low-priced you'll be wary of its purchase until you realize that most of the unit's reviews are glowing. It features an integrated paw cleaning grate, which means less litter strewn about.
- free scoop comes included
- split top for easy access and cleaning
- made in the united states
|Brand||IRIS USA, Inc.|
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
1. ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning
The future is here, at least in terms of litter boxes. The ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box from PetSafe self-cleans for weeks at a time, automatically scooping and sealing away both solid and liquid waste.
- disposable leak-proof tray
- health counter to track cat's usage
- crystal litter dehydrates waste
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|