The 10 Best Oil Paint Sets
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If you are, or know of, a budding Rembrandt, Picasso, da Vinci or Monet, these oil paint sets are for you. All of them come with an array of colors any level of artist, from amateur to professional, can use to bring their visions to life on canvas and other media. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best oil paint set on Amazon.
10. U.S. Art Supply PT-OIL-24
The U.S. Art Supply PT-OIL-24 is a low-cost option that is suitable for all ages. All of the paints are completely nontoxic and acid-free, so you can be worry-free while your children artistically express their inner creativity.
- produces vivid colors on canvas
- includes raw umber and phthalo blue
- tubes can leak and make a mess
|Brand||US Art Supply|
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
9. Jack Richeson Student Series
The Jack Richeson Student Series comes with 18 pigments that are essential for aspiring artists. They mix well, so you can create a range of new colors, and they're good for learning the basics, but advanced painters may notice the textures are inconsistent.
- includes all the primary colors
- aren't too oily
- unsatisfactory for layering
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
8. Daveliou Colours
Daveliou Colours is a collection of two dozen artist-quality paints. They are water-soluble, and can even be altered with other media, like gels or pastes. This is an excellent choice for art teachers' classrooms and those who want to experiment with different textures.
- superior lightfastness rating
- can be used on fabric and wood
- suspension sedimentation can occur
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
6. Winsor & Newton European
A Winsor & Newton European fulfills all painting needs, for rookies and studio artists. It comes complete with two all-natural Winton Hog brushes that are made especially for these oil colors and crafted to resist erosion. You can also choose to just buy the paints.
- includes a bottle of solvent
- produced in england
- tubes contain just eight milliliters
|Brand||Winsor & Newton|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
5. MyArtscape Professional
The MyArtscape Professional is full of robust colors that are great for anyone starting out, or for a pro to restock with. It's even safe for youngsters because the ingredients are nontoxic, conforming to ASTM D-4236 and EN71-3 specifications.
- colors mix well with white
- easy to use for feathering
- backed by a 1-year warranty
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
4. Grumbacher Pre-tested Collection
The Grumbacher Pre-tested Collection consists of top-notch paints made in the United States and can serve any demanding artist admirably. The 10 tubes of superb pigments hold a generous 24 milliliters each, and feature rich hues not often seen elsewhere.
- have the perfect viscosity
- good for glazing and texturing
- mix well with other media
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
3. Bellofy All Artist
The paints in the Bellofy All Artist may be designed specifically for canvas, but they can just as easily be used on various surfaces. You can ultra-personalize a room by using clay, ceramic tiles, or wallpaper as your canvas.
- thick formula rarely drips
- features mars black
- good choice for beginners
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
2. Royal and Langnickel Beginners
The Royal and Langnickel Beginners comes with everything you need to create your very own masterpiece, including two canvases, the paints, brushes and other tools. A handle makes it ideal for a wannabe artist on the go who like to paint on location.
- includes a handy teaching guide
- comes with a protective wooden case
- impressive quality for the price
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
1. Martin & F. Weber Bob Ross
The Martin & F. Weber Bob Ross can channel an amateur's inner painter to create landscapes like a pro. You can't go wrong being equipped with tools inspired by one of TV's all-time most popular artists. It even includes instructions on completing your first painting.
- manufactured in the usa
- paint brush and detail knife
- great gift idea
|Brand||Martin & F. Weber|
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|