10 Best Paring Knives | March 2017
We spent 20 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. Ideal for peeling and other small or intricate work, such as de-veining a shrimp, removing the seeds from a jalapeño, "skinning" mushrooms or cutting small garnishes, one of these paring knives needs to be in every kitchen. We've included models priced well for home cooks along with some sharp and durable enough for use by professional chefs. Skip to the best paring knife on Amazon.
Crafted in Germany, the Henckels Twin Four Star knife has a fully-forged, 4-inch blade made from a single piece of high-carbon steel. It has also undergone a rigorous ice-hardening process for prolonged edge retention and stability.
- laser-controlled edge
- pronounced tip for easy peeling
- plastic handle is rather cheap
|Brand||Zwilling J.A. Henckels|
The Wusthof Classic has a precisely-pointed blade tip with a full tang design that is ideal for precision cutting, peeling, and making decorative food cuts. Its handle is also triple-riveted for additional strength.
- comfortable bolster sits on index finger
- knife is easy to use
- it is a bit on the bulky side
The Global GS-38 provides a relatively sturdy blade that has been hand-sharpened at a 15-degree angle, making it a good choice for slicing through a variety of fruits and vegetables without tearing or bruising your food.
- thin blade for high agility/low fatigue
- slip-free handle design
- needs sharpening often
The Dalstrong Shogun Series boasts scalpel-like sharpness, thanks to its 8-12-degree angle range per side. Its blade has also been professionally tapered for minimal slicing resistance and nonstick convenience. But it's quite heavy.
- knife is very easy to clean
- impervious to heat, cold and moisture
- the handle is a bit small
Ideal for paring, peeling, scraping, slicing and trimming your foods, the Mcusta Zanmai Classic knife features a black, triple-riveted pakkawood handle that is complemented with red spacers for both style and easy handling.
- steel end cap for extra balance
- knife is handcrafted in seki city, japan
- 33-layered damascus blade
Slice through fruits and vegetables with ease using the Zelite Infinity Paring Knife. It has been constructed from razor-sharp Japanese steel with an elegant, rose Damascus pattern that complements virtually any kitchen decor.
- tempered in liquid nitrogen for strength
- ergonomically-designed rounded handle
- risk-free lifetime guarantee is offered
For unsurpassed quality and professional workmanship, look no further than the Yaxell Gou 3.5-inch paring knife. Each side of its core is clad with 101 layers of high-carbon stainless steel, which delivers excellent durability.
- knife is corrosion and stain-resistant
- blade is kiln-heated and ice-hardened
- handle is fastened with 3 steel rivets