10 Best Push Lawn Mowers | March 2017
We spent 22 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. For those with smaller lawns, or if you just want to combine a workout with tidying up your garden, one of these push lawn mowers will do the job nicely. We've included fully manual models for the total self-sufficiency experience, along with some with powered blades for a slightly easier job. Skip to the best push lawn mower on Amazon.
The Gardena 4023 has a convenient 2-point folding handle that makes it easier to store in tight spaces, and it uses a contact-free cutting technique that is extremely quiet and very easy to push.
- ground bottom blade for clean cuts
- durable enough to last for years
- blades aren't individually adjustable
The Great States 705-16 was designed to handle low growing and creeping grasses, so it's perfect for yards with these stubborn grass varieties. It has a powder-coated finish on the handle to prevent it from getting hot in the sun.
- 10-inch ball bearing wheels
- can cut as low as half an inch
- doesn't cut edges well
The Fiskars Staysharp Max Reel Mower is up to 60% easier to push than other manual mowers, thanks to its unique, patent-pending InertiaDrive system. The reel also delivers more cutting power than most other manual mowers.
- easily handles twigs and brambles
- inset wheels for closer edging
- has no way to collect clippings
The Scotts' 2000-20 is a 20-inch classic-style push mower that is whisper quiet and won't disturb your neighbors. It has comfortable foam grip handles so it won't cause blisters as you mow your lawn, no matter the size.
- quick-snap height adjusters
- heat-treated steel blades
- not great for grass over 6"
The Poulan Pro PR500N21SH has 4-quick height adjusters with 5 positions, so you can easily select the ideal cutting height without wasting time. It offers side discharge for bagging and mulch capabilities to fertilize your lawn.
- assembles in under 20 minutes
- lightweight and easy to push
- rarely ever bogs down
The GreenWorks 25052 has a 16" wide cutting deck, and comes with a handy grass catcher, so you don't have to rake up all the clippings you've just produced after mowing. It offers a cutting height range from 1-1/8" to 2-1/4".
- also available in 18" and 20" models
- comes with 4 year warranty
- has zero carbon footprint
The Lawn-Boy 10730 has a high wheel design that makes it easier to maneuver on uneven terrain. Plus a 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower.
- guaranteed to start with 1 or 2 pulls
- has excellent mulching capabilities
- has a large bag capacity