10 Best Push Lawn Mowers | April 2017
For those with smaller lawns, or if you just want to combine a workout with tidying up your garden, one of these push lawn mowers will do the job nicely. We've included fully manual models for the total self-sufficiency experience, along with some with powered blades for a slightly easier job. Skip to the best push lawn mower on Amazon.
The Remington RM3000 is ideal for light duty yard work. It has large 10" wheels with two rear tracker wheels that allow you to angle it up and reposition it, so you can get around tight corners without too much trouble.
- ergonomic handle with foam grip
- cuts surprisingly well
- front wheels get stuck in dips and holes
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The American Lawn Mower 1815-18 has a basic design that has almost no parts to break or maintain. It is the kind of mower your grandfather used that can still be found working from 80 years ago.
- metal wheels and hard rubber tires
- super sharp alloy steel blades
- not practical for large yards
|Brand||American Lawn Mower Com|
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Sun Joe Mow Joe MJ501M has an 18-inch blade, which can be set at nine different cutting heights, so it's a great choice for any season. The entire unit weighs less than 30 lbs., and it is ETL-approved for safety.
- grass catcher holds 6.6 gallons
- completely maintenance free
- hard to push through thick grass
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Gardena 4023 has a convenient 2-point folding handle that makes it easier to store in tight spaces, and it uses a contact-free cutting technique that is extremely quiet and very easy to push.
- ground bottom blade for clean cuts
- durable enough to last for years
- blades aren't individually adjustable
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Great States 705-16 was designed to handle low growing and creeping grasses, so it's perfect for yards with these stubborn grass varieties. It has a powder-coated finish on the handle to prevent it from getting hot in the sun.
- 10-inch ball bearing wheels
- can cut as low as half an inch
- doesn't cut edges well
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
The Fiskars Staysharp Max Reel Mower is up to 60% easier to push than other manual mowers, thanks to its unique, patent-pending InertiaDrive system. The reel also delivers more cutting power than most other manual mowers.
- easily handles twigs and brambles
- inset wheels for closer edging
- has no way to collect clippings
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The Scotts' 2000-20 is a 20-inch classic-style push mower that is whisper quiet and won't disturb your neighbors. It has comfortable foam grip handles so it won't cause blisters as you mow your lawn, no matter the size.
- quick-snap height adjusters
- heat-treated steel blades
- not great for grass over 6"
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Poulan Pro PR500N21SH has 4-quick height adjusters with 5 positions, so you can easily select the ideal cutting height without wasting time. It offers side discharge for bagging and mulch capabilities to fertilize your lawn.
- assembles in under 20 minutes
- lightweight and easy to push
- rarely ever bogs down
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The GreenWorks 25052 has a 16" wide cutting deck, and comes with a handy grass catcher, so you don't have to rake up all the clippings you've just produced after mowing. It offers a cutting height range from 1-1/8" to 2-1/4".
- also available in 18" and 20" models
- comes with 4 year warranty
- has zero carbon footprint
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The Lawn-Boy 10730 has a high wheel design that makes it easier to maneuver on uneven terrain. Plus a 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower.
- guaranteed to start with 1 or 2 pulls
- has excellent mulching capabilities
- has a large bag capacity
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|