10 Best Ratchet Sets | April 2017
We spent 19 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. Whether you are a home DIY-er or a seasoned mechanic, you can be sure you will always have the right socket for the job at hand with one of these ratchet sets. We've included budget-priced sets perfect for keeping around the house for occasional repairs through to comprehensive and durable sets that would not be out of place in any professional garage. Skip to the best ratchet set on Amazon.
The Denali 93-Piece offers a great variety of tools that all meet or exceed both ANSI and DIN standards. It's a must-have kit for any homeowner, DIYer or hobbyist with its versatility, durability and budget-friendly price, but it isn't meant for professional use.
- heavy duty impact resistant case
- three drive sizes for max turning power
- doesn't come with a universal joint
|Rating||4.0 / 5.0|
The Craftsman 009-38108 is a great 6 point set made for mechanics on the go. The ratcheting is smooth, and has a good number of teeth to handle tough jobs, plus the variety of socket sizes in such a compact case makes it extremely versatile and portable.
- includes a 14pc hex key set
- comes with screwdriver style ratchet
- poor directional lock switch
|Rating||3.5 / 5.0|
The TEKTON 13101 is the only set you'll need to get the job done as it includes every size from 5/16 to 3/4 inch and 8 to 19 mm in both shallow and deep lengths. Also, the smooth, finely geared 72-tooth ratchet only needs 5 degrees of swing to operate effectively.
- designed to grip flat sides of the bolt
- has a universal joint
- handle is slim and hard to get a grip on
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
The BOSTITCH BTMT72287 fits the bill for power and versatility. It features a pass through design that allows access to fasteners that deep sockets cannot reach, and all sockets have stamped size markings on them for easy size identification.
- comfortable rubber ratchet handle
- chrome vanadium steel construction
- only has short extension options
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
Designed to accomplish tasks efficiently, the Stanley 92-839 is the perfect choice for home DIY enthusiasts. It features laser etched markings for easy identification and the black chrome finish offers better corrosion resistance when compared to regular chrome sockets.
- max-drive design provides more torque
- 2-piece case allows for lid removal
- tools don't stay secure in the case
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Crescent CTK170CMP2 is a perfect balance of quality, assortment, and value. It is ideal for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications, as it includes 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" quick-release ratchets, plus it has a wide selection of standard and deep sockets.
- has 2 spark plug sockets
- includes a magnetic screw bit driver
- also includes pliers and screwdrivers
|Brand||Apex Tool Group|
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
The 48 piece SK 91848 is made with a high polish SuperKrome finish that provides long life and resistance against rust in hard working environments. All sockets feature a signature hex design that drives the side of the fastener to help avoid any edge breakage.
- includes adapters and a universal joint
- manufactured in the usa
- easy to clean and maintain
|Brand||SK Hand Tool|
|Rating||4.3 / 5.0|
When you need to get into tight spaces, count on the innovative GearWrench 81230P. It features a Double-Stacked Pawl technology that gives you access to 120 positions in every full turn and a super-tight 3 degree swing arc to turn bolts where others can't.
- adjustable flex head has six positions
- flush mounted on/off switch
- long ergonomic handle for better access
|Brand||Apex Tool Group|
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
The Sunex 9726 is a mini ratchet set that includes the most common sizes used for automotive repair. It is easy to carry around from job to job thanks to its heavy duty aluminum case that keep the tools organized and safe from any damage during transport.
- comes with star insert bits
- great quality and affordable
- includes a quick release extension bar
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|
The DeWalt DWMT73803 has an impressive array of tools to tackle any job, whether big or small. It includes a 3/8 drive ratchet with 30 sockets and a 1/4 drive ratchet with 32 sockets, plus it features 72 teeth and a quick release function for optimal speed and efficiency.
- anti-slip grip for maximum comfort
- heavy duty and durable
- comes with 12 combo wrenches
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|