10 Best Refractometers | March 2017
We spent 21 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top picks for this wiki. Aquarium owners, brewers and beekeepers, take your pick. These refractometers will help you measure the salinity and specific gravity of tank water, the specific gravity and sugar content of a brew before fermentation, or the amount of water in honey. Skip to the best refractometer on Amazon.
The ergonomically-designed Brew Ur Beer will help you optimize the quality and flavor of your home brew to your satisfaction. If you are ready to step your brewing process up to the next level, it's a smart choice.
- consistently delivers accurate readings
- includes a lens cleaning cloth
- doesn't include an instruction manual
|Brand||Brew Ur Beer|
The Milwaukee MA887 takes the guesswork out of determining the salinity of natural and artificial seawater. It is suitable for ship, shore or home use, and can be easily wiped clean when you are finished.
- has a low battery indicator light
- auto shut off after 3 min. of inactivity
- hard to calibrate
The Ade Advanced Optics is an easy to use device that measures the sugar content of beer with no conversion needed, as the scale measures both Brix and SG. It's a great addition to any home brewer's tool kit.
- includes atc of 10 - 30 degree celcius
- instant reading with a couple drops
- focus adjustment for easy viewing
|Brand||Ade Advanced Optics|
The Extech RF40 measures the freeze point of automotive coolants like propylene glycol and ethylene glycol. It can be used in liquids from 32°F to -60°F, and also provides the battery charge condition.
- includes a vial of distilled water
- more accurate than a dc volt meter
- comes with easy to follow instructions
The portable Vee Gee BTX-1 has a convenient streamlined handheld design, so you can keep it handy for quick reference testing. It also features a non-roll design, so it won't roll off the table and get damaged.
- ambient light illuminates the scale
- durable metal and rubber outer shell
- rubber grip protects it from hand heat
|Brand||Vee Gee Scientific|
The dual-scale Agriculture Solutions accurately measures the concentration of aquarium salinity using specific gravity and parts per thousand testing. All it takes is a couple of drops, and it is very easy to use.
- automatic temperature compensation
- includes screwdriver and cleaning cloth
- replaces hard to read hydrometers
The premium Sper Scientific 300003C is a good choice for testing products with unknown sugar content when you need superior precision. It can be used in labs, production lines, or science classes.
- no battery or other power source needed
- come with a certification of calibration
- includes a hard carrying case