The 6 Best Spade Bit Sets
We spent 27 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. Whether you need to bore a hole through wood, plastic or drywall, one of these spade bit sets will be perfect for the job. We've included models with the right assortment and price point ideal for any construction professional's or home DIY enthusiast's next project. When users buy our independently chosen editorial picks, we may earn commissions to support our work. Skip to the best spade bit set on Amazon.
6. Ansen Tools AN 303
The Ansen Tools AN 303 features spade bits set atop steel rods a full foot in length, so you can bore through thick pieces of wood and reach into tight spaces. They also have a center hole that can be used for wire pulling.
- drop forged steel construction
- safe for use in woods, drywall, plastic
- bits aren't very durable and can twist
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
5. Irwin Tools Speedbor Groove Pro
The Irwin Tools Speedbor Groove Pro set contains bits ranging from 3/8" to 1.5", so you can drill everything from small holes to doorknob holes. They fit all standard quick change chucks and have a large durable shank.
- double-cut spurs scribe outside of hole
- heavy duty case included
- can dull quickly if they hit metal
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
4. Craftsman 9-20919
Whether you need a small bit or a large bit, you'll find it in the Craftsman 9-20919 set. It also comes with a durable, bright red metal rack that is ideal for storing them in your garage or workshop.
- size indicators on case
- bits are very sharp when new
- tend to leave a ragged exit hole
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
3. Bosch Dsb5014p Daredevil
The Bosch Dsb5014p Daredevil has just about every size of spade bit you could ever ask for. It comes in a high quality pouch that keeps the bits organized and protected when stored in your tool box.
- full-cone threaded tip
- 10x faster than conventional spade bits
- don't require a lot of pushing force
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
2. DEWALT DW1587
The DEWALT DW1587 is a good low-cost assortment that is perfect for the home carpenter or DIY enthusiast. The bits are extremely durable and very reliable, so they should last for years while retaining a good edge.
- ball groove shank works with most drills
- provide a clean hole finish
- includes 6 commonly used sizes
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|
1. IRWIN Tools Speedbor Max 1801022
The IRWIN Tools Speedbor Max 1801022 is a 10-piece spade bit set that features full screw tips. This allows them to self feed quickly and easily with less chance of you slipping and damaging anything.
- tri-flute design for quick chip ejection
- cutting spurs have 3 cutting edges
- grooved hex shank prevents slipping
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|