10 Best 3 Bike Car Racks | April 2017
We spent 20 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top options for this wiki. If you are planning a cycling trip away from home and need to transport rides for yourself plus two friends or family members, you'll need to pick up one of these 3 bike car racks before you head off. They are designed to fit easily onto sedans, SUVs and hatchbacks and provide a secure mount that will get your bikes to your destination safely. Skip to the best 3 bike car rack on Amazon.
The Pro-Series 63123 Eclipse is a compact hitch mounted bike carrier that doesn't add bulk to your car when installed. It comes at a decent price, but it is a lot heavier than other brands, which makes it hard to maneuver or lift to install.
- rear reflector included for added safety
- velcro straps offer quick removal
- has a tendency to sway a bit
|Rating||4.1 / 5.0|
Trust the SportRack Pursuit 3 to transport your bikes across the country safe and sound. The bikes are secured to a trunk mounted hub system, which allows the rack frame to adjust to your vehicle's shape for a proper fit, plus it folds flat when not in use.
- compatible with all frames and sizes
- durable steel construction
- a little harder to install than others
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
The Tyger Auto TG-RK3B101B fits all types of dual-arm bikes on vehicles equipped with either a 1.25 or a 2 inch hitch receiver. It is pre-treated with a special E-coat inside and out to provide a smooth and stable surface, and also to reduce rust and corrosion.
- provides clear rear view visibility
- has a strong lock mechanism
- shakes a little more than others
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Allen Sports Premier S-103 gets you on the road in no time with a quick and easy installation that can be completed within seconds. It offers a super stable design with two side straps that deliver exceptional lateral stability on your vehicle.
- straps have a lot of adjustment room
- wide profile feet evens the load
- not ideal for cars with small trunks
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The Hollywood Racks Expedition provides a great solution for your next road trip. Its impressive features include dual, adjustable support arms that keep bikes level, and interlocking adjustment hubs that ensure a proper fit to the contour of your trunk.
- 4 foam pads keep your car protected
- rust-resistant powder coated finish
- too much spare strap material
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Rage PowerSports BC-3581 is designed to work with bicycles ranging from 50" to 76" long with a 2.25" maximum frame diameter. This 42 lb. rack conveniently tilts downward, enabling access to the trunk or vehicle hatch when needed.
- maximum 100 pound capacity
- well-built with quality craftsmanship
- does not have a snug fit to the hitch
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Saris Bones 801 provides convenience and durability in an ultra stylish design. It is constructed from heavy-duty, 100% recyclable plastic with injection-molded arms and legs that will never rust, for reliability you can count on for years.
- comes in a variety of cool colors
- bikes stay stable during your journey
- arc-based design fits over most spoilers
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Thule Raceway PRO is an easy to use rear-mounted bike carrier, featuring Sure-Tight ratcheting cables that provide maximum fastening security to your vehicle. It also has a patented no-sway cage that prevents bike-to-bike contact while on the move.
- can accommodate kids' bikes
- small size takes up little storage space
- comes with a lifetime warranty
|Brand||Thule Raceway PRO|
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
When you want reliability on a budget, count on the Allen Sports Deluxe 103DN. Its patented design fits most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs, plus the padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from your vehicle to prevent any damage.
- comes fully assembled
- tie-down system secures bikes tightly
- holds a wide range of bike sizes
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|
Weighing under 20 lbs, the premium Yakima Highlite makes it easy to hit the road without any hassle. The sliding SwitchBlade loading system makes it a cinch to mount, and the included LockDown security cables gives you peace of mind while you're away from your vehicle.
- two integrated bottle openers
- slim profile with folding arms
- light aluminum frame is easy to carry
|Rating||4.8 / 5.0|