9 Best Mountain Bikes | March 2017
We spent 24 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Whether for fitness training, fun or a cost-effective commute, you'll find the perfect mountain bike for your needs from our comprehensive list. We've included affordable models for those just trying cycling for the first time, through to carbon fiber framed machines that will have any level of cyclist going uphill and downhill in no time. Skip to the best mountain bike on Amazon.
The Merax Finiss has lightweight magnesium alloy wheels and an advanced aluminum mechanical lock out suspension fork. Plus it has a front and rear mechanical disc braking system, so you can always stop on a dime.
- available in white or red
- high 330 lb weight capacity
- has a very stylish look
The Gravity FSX 1.0 has paddle shifters for quicker gear transitions without having to adjust your hand grip. Plus the front and rear have adjustable suspension, so you can create a rigid or soft ride as fits your needs.
- quick release front and rear wheels
- suntour long travel fork
- hydroformed aluminum frame
The Diamondback Sorrento has Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur gears and 3 speed front derailleur gears for 21 different gear combinations. It also has linear pull brakes for simple and confident stopping.
- very little assembly required
- handlebars are super comfortable
- has a very neutral riding position
If you want a balance of performance, durability, strength and portability, then the Montague Paratrooper folding bike is definitely for you. It handles most terrains with ease, and can be stored just about anywhere when not in use.
- surprisingly durable frame
- fits in most car trunks
- front and rear mechanical disc brakes
The Schwinn High Timber has a Schwinn suspension fork that gives a smooth ride even on the bumpiest trails. It also makes it easier to control the bike, so beginners will feel comfortable as they progress to harder paths.
- alloy v brakes for sure stops
- 3 piece crank offers a wide gear range
- handlebar integrated twist shifters
The BEIOU 650B is an extremely high performance, lightweight bike designed for serious cyclists who demand the best. It has a Toray T800 carbon fiber frame that weighs just 23 lbs, and a sleek black matte finish.
- shimano m355 hydraulic disc braking
- 27.5" air suspension fork
- low price for a carbon fiber frame bike