10 Best Bike Racks For Cars | April 2017
We spent 25 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. Take your cycling to some more adventurous locations with one of these handy bike racks for cars that are ranked by price, ease of use and durability, and will safely transport your and your family's bicycles wherever the fancy takes you. Skip to the best bike rack for cars on Amazon.
The 3-bike Hollywood E-2 attaches perfectly to the trunk of almost any vehicle with easy-to-use adjustment tubes and six attachment straps. It is an economical option that arrives fully assembled and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- soft rubber cradles protect frames
- lightweight and easy to store
- not ideal for longer trips
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
The fully-adjustable Highland 1375500 has been specially designed to improve rear vision, even when loaded, while preventing any damage to bike frames. It expands and retracts nicely, though it sits quite low to the ground on sedans.
- includes anti-sway hitch pin
- brackets are cushioned
- rubber straps tend to break
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
With its arc-based construction, its ability to fit over most car spoilers, and its popularity, the Saris Bones 2 is a standard bearer for its price range. It has exclusive anti-sways and articulated rubber feet for added protection.
- 100% heavy duty recyclable plastic
- injection molded arms and legs
- front bike tires tend to wobble
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
Look no further than the Curt 18086 for hassle-free bike transportation. It features padded arms that adjust to fit men's, women's, or kid sized bikes, and a threaded shank that adds stability while traveling on any road conditions.
- removable 2-bike extension
- frame tilts away for rear vehicle access
- hitch mounted tray-style design
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
The high-quality Yakima Sparetime 8002598 boasts a powder-coated steel construction that is built to last in any weather conditions. It also has two handy integrated bottle openers for added convenience on your getaway.
- no bike to bike contact
- great for long-distance travel
- includes a 60-inch locking cable
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The tough Swagman XTC-4 is built to handle cross country trips or extreme rugged overland excursions. It provides more ground clearance than other racks, and has a soft coating on the frame grip arms to protect your bike's finish.
- center arm folds for easy access
- quick-release tire hoops
- wheel straps included
|Brand||Swagman Bicycle Carrier|
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Prorack Hitch has a slim profile but is able to carry an impressive weight capacity. This cost-effective and highly functional rack adjusts easily to fit any adult- or kid-sized bike safely against the rear of your vehicle. It is compatible with some hitch receivers.
- elastomer wheel retention straps
- 3-year warranty included
- designed to hold two bikes
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Allen Sports Deluxe 542RR is simple to operate, and fits securely on sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs. It has a patented tie-down system, and individually cradles almost any size or design of bike frame in 22" carry arms.
- black powder coated finish
- minor assembly required
- single key release system
|Rating||5.0 / 5.0|
With its ability to hold up to 4 bikes at once, the Hollywood HR1400 is a must-have for any family vacation or road trip. This locking pin hitch system comes preassembled and doesn't wobble while on the move.
- extremely heavy duty construction
- clamps are padded for extra protection
- able to fold flat when not in use
|Rating||4.5 / 5.0|
The premium Thule T2 is a worthwhile investment for serious or casual riders, as it offers both performance and convenience. The durable bike tray and SecureHook arms are combined for fast loading and unloading with minimal lifting.
- accommodates bikes with 20-29"wheels
- available with a 1.25" or 2" receiver
- rust-free protective coating
|Rating||4.9 / 5.0|