9 Best Cabinet Locks | December 2016
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top choices for this wiki. If you have a little one at home, either the human kind or the particularly cunning feline or canine variety, a set of these child safety cabinet locks will keep them out of all the places you want to protect them from. And for home or workplace offices, we've also included cabinet locks suitable for providing security for all your sensitive documents. Skip to the best cabinet lock on Amazon.
When it comes to safety, versatility is of paramount importance when little ones are running around. That said, these NKT Baby Safety Locks can be used on double cabinets, dishwashers, drawers, and even toilets. The length of their plastic straps is also easy to adjust.
- withstand 55 lbs of pulling force
- plastic construction is non-toxic
- the adhesive doesn't last
|Brand||NKT Baby Products|
|Rating||3.6 / 5.0|
Although they are designed to be shorter than their competition, the KidCo Spring Action cabinet locks are no less functional. Their lack of extra length ensures superior protection for your children, while minimizing the risk of getting pinched with attempted tampering.
- will auto pop back into locked position
- simple, one-handed adult operation
- the screws aren't very durable
|Rating||3.8 / 5.0|
Made by moms and intended for moms, the Kiscords Child Safety locks are extremely affordable and fit cabinet knobs up to 6.5 inches apart from one another. Their innovative dual-end knots will also allow them to prevent the removal of small parts by your children.
- 100% money back guarantee is offered
- available in both black and white
- not suitable for closed-loop handles
|Rating||3.7 / 5.0|
In addition to securing cabinets and drawers, the Munchkin Xtraguard can also be used on almost anything that opens, including microwaves, ovens, or refrigerators. Their increased flexibility even allows them to conveniently latch around tight corners.
- dual button operation to release latch
- adhesive won't damage furniture or paint
- they are rather bulky
|Rating||3.9 / 5.0|
With their multipurpose and fully reusable design, these BabyKeeps BKW101 child safety locks include extra 3M adhesives, making them super easy to install and to remove for transport to another location in your home without damaging your cabinets.
- 5-year extended warranty is offered
- work on flat surfaces & around corners
- adjustable straps are a bit flimsy
|Rating||4.4 / 5.0|
The Abus 07040 Locking Bar has been constructed from heavy-duty, 16-gauge formed steel and securely fastens to the side of almost any file cabinet. Its built-in, spring-loaded hinge allows the lock to swing clear of your file drawers. Mounting screws are also included.
- built-in knob for smooth operation
- inner/outer bars are powder-coated
- it needs a padlock
|Rating||4.2 / 5.0|
The Safety 1st System installs discreetly out of sight behind cabinet doors and utilizes a powerful magnetic key to open, ensuring that prying hands never find access to your personal things. The key is also easy to store in high-up places where little ones can't reach.
- pack includes 8 locks and 1 key
- they are easy to install
- built-in lock disable feature
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
The FJM Security Combi-Cam E is an electronic cabinet lock that provides up to 10 years of uninterrupted battery life, making it an environmentally-friendly cabinet security solution. This lock can also support both surface and semi-flush mounting options.
- compact and sleek design
- 3 programmable password levels
- accommodates left and right-handed users
|Rating||4.6 / 5.0|
Prevent unwanted access to doors, drawers, cabinets, and closets with the Compx Security Products StealthLock locking system. Using radio frequencies, its transmitter pad can operate an unlimited number of receiver latches within a 15-foot range using a programmable code.
- system offers multiple locking modes
- completely keyless operation
- ideal for homes and businesses
|Brand||Compx Security Products|
|Rating||4.7 / 5.0|