10 Best Home Generators | March 2017
We spent 23 hours on research, videography, and editing, to review the top selections for this wiki. Ideal for providing you with power on any job site, when camping or RV-ing, or to ensure you stay comfortable during a power blackout, these home generators won't leave you in the dark. We've included small and inexpensive models good for maintaining essential equipment right up to those powerful enough to run your whole house. Skip to the best home generator on Amazon.
The Westinghouse WH7500E has electric and manual start options, so you'll never have to worry about starting failure, making it a good choice for emergencies. It also features an oversized muffler to run quieter.
- easy to read lcd hour meter
- fully enclosed electrical connections
- minimal ground clearance for oil changes
The DuroMax XP10000EH has an 18 HP engine with hardy steel bearings to maximize its lifespan, and is surprisingly quiet for a 10,000 W model. It has a full power panel with advance oil warning light.
- has a keyed start switch
- integrated circuit breaker
- good value for the money
The control panel of the Sportsman GEN10K has a variety of different amperage and voltage outlets, giving you the freedom to power just about any kind of device safely. It has an impressive 8 hour run time on 50% load.
- epa approved engine
- has a 12 volt dc terminal
- recoil and electric start options
The Champion Power Equipment 100165 is a versatile option that can run off liquid propane gas or unleaded fuel. It can run lights, a TV, a refrigerator, a sump pump, a furnace fan and more simultaneously.
- provides volts and hertz operating info
- extremely durable protective frame
- drain hole for oil changes
|Brand||Champion Power Equipmen|
The Briggs & Stratton 30664 is a reliable option that will be ready anytime you have a power interruption. It weighs 250lbs, but because of the large rubber wheels, it can still be moved by one person.
- produces a high amount of surge wattage
- hour meter for monitoring gas levels
- rubber outlet safety covers
|Brand||Briggs & Stratton|
While it won't power your whole house, the affordable price point of the DuroStar DS4400 makes it an attractive option to keep important appliances running. It has 2 standard 120V outlets plus a 240V, 30 amp twist-lock outlet.
- durable 7 hp air cooled engine
- quiet exhaust rated at 69 dba
- spark arrestor for safety
The powerful Powermate PM0601258 can push out 12,500 watts from its 22 HP Subaru electric start, V-twin, OHV gas engine. It's ideal for whole home or office backup and can power pretty much all of your appliances.
- auto low-oil shutdown feature
- large 8 gallon gas tank
- control panel with 6 power outlets